Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

Former-Member
Not applicable

“Counsellors Unavailable”

New button floating on the bottom right of the mobile site.
Also the most pointless button ever. 
They are NEVER available. 

11 REPLIES 11

Re: “Counsellors Unavailable”

hi @Former-Member 

I've found a few times there was no counsellor to talk to. It is hard but if in crisis I've chatted to lifeline. 

Thanks @BlueBay, unfortunately I find lifeline useless, never get any actual help and just get told to go to hospital or call the crisis team.
But I have heard from several other people that they’ve found lifeline very helpful, so it’s variable I guess.

@Former-Member 

I think with lifeline it depends on who you get. I've had a few nice people each time I've phoned. One even stayed on the phone while the ambulance came. 

Hey @Former-Member ,  thought I'd just pop in and respond to your post as I can hear that you're pretty frustrated with the SANE chat facility sometimes being turned off.  I'm sorry you're weren't able to get through before and if you want to speak to a counsellor perhaps call the SANE Help Line on 1800 18 7263.  You can ask for a call back if you they are initially busy.   Hope this info helps...take care. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hey @Former-Member , I noticed that button too. I agree with you, regardless of the time and day I don't seem to see many counsellors available. However, I'm not too sure, but I would say it might be because people may be working from home? I'm not sure with SANE and other sites like this.

I've used Lifeline's webchat a few times, sometimes it's been helpful, sometimes it isn't. But it's a hit and miss for everybody. I've only used SANE's counsellor once, she was nice and sort of helpful, but I've never been able to get through since.

Hi @Former-Member and all!

It sounds like there are some concerns about getting through to the SANE Help Centre. If there are ongoing concerns you can connect with the HC team directly here:  helpline@sane.org.

Just flaggin that in this Covid-19 period many help centres are really under the pump. Sadly, this situation is affecting many, yet it's great that people are reaching out to talk and chat.

There are a number of services offering webchat but it's unfortunate when your preferred method of connecting is unavailable I understand. 

Ochre. 

I've NEVER been able to get through on SANE chat. Beyond Blue are good to talk with. But think all of them try wind down calls after 20min.

Hi @Lauz  

Are there certain times that the counsellors are online to chat? 
just tried but it's unavailable 

Hi @BlueBay ,  I don't think there are certain times when the chat is open on the help centre, although I understand they are experiencing a higher service demand than normal, which might be why you're having trouble getting through.  You could perhaps send them an email and ask them direct at helpline@sane.org.  

Hope this helps..take care.  

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance