Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

Alessandra1992
Senior Contributor

Highlighting new comments in each section so we know there are new responses

Hi Nik and Cherry bomb and everyone else,
It could be I am a bit dim and haven't figured it out.
What I would really appreciate is if the site could highlight which topics have had new comments added since I last logged in. Sometimes because of the delays In posts being accepted, I miss other people's posts which are really interesting. But when I click into a topic I then have to guess which page new comments will be in, 1, 2 or even 3. If there was any way of highlighting that would be terrific..
Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Highlighting new comments in each section so we know there are new responses

Hi Alessandra,

Hope you're well!

Thanks for your feedback, I completely understand. I will add it to my list of things to follow up. As a fyi, we have a review session coming up week after this one.

Just to clarify we a few different "levels" of the forums.

1) The "top" level is the home page, which has a list of "discussion topics" (ie: Our stories & experiences, Looking after our wellbeing etc etc)

2) then if you click one of the "discussion topics" ie: About the forum, including feedback and general discussion you get a list of "Topics" ie: "Highlighting new comments in each section so we know there are new responses"

3) The "bottom" level are posts within a topic (which you're looking at now)

.I just wanted to list that so we're talking the same language & not misunderstanding eachother.

If you click into a topic, there should be a little [New] within the new posts that have been posted since last login - but I think what you're referring to is the list of topics, one level above the list of posts..... is that right?

Sorry If I've complicated that more than it needs to be, I just want to make sure I capture the right feedback 🙂

Re: Highlighting new comments in each section so we know there are new responses

Hi again,
Um my brain hurts so can I get back to you?
It would just be handy if next to each topic, number of new posts, and/ or number of new replies.
I find it really hard to navigate from my iPad. I can't even see what was in your post back to me once I hit the reply button.
Maybe that is another glitch I can bring up too? I sometimes can't recall the author name as I can't read their original post once I hit reply or quick reply.

Sunday night...brain tired...perhaps one day you might be able to have a teleconference or gotomeeting, which works really well but is not anonymous. Just an idea...sometime s these things are better spoken than written. Gotomeeting allows everyone to view the same Webpage or document etc at once..Thanks for replying though!

My brain hurt writing that post, I can't imagine actually trying to read it 🙂

I'm pretty sure I understand what you mean though.

If you hit "reply" to a post, you should be able to see the post you're replying to under the text box you're writing in. Hit reply to this post and see if it turns up underneath the text box & let me know. Maybe it's different for ipads, it would be good to know if there is a difference!

Thanks

Nik

Hi Nik, I m now getting to see what I am responding too which is great!
I am now using the old if there are any current postings on the main topics by seeing the latest date of entry.
It seems to work ok...
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance