Forums news and feedback
05-02-2020 03:38 PM - edited 05-02-2020 03:52 PM
January & February Community Wrap
Hi everyone! Many many apologies that we have run so late with the January wrap this year. Its been a busy kick off to 2020. So we thought we would do a special combined January and February wrap to cover everything. @Queenie @DesertRat @outlander @oceangirl @Judi9877 @eth @Darcy @Maggie @Hamsolo01 @BlueBay @Smc @Kasey13 @Gazza75 @Sans911 @Snowie @TheVorticon @Teej @Adge @The-red-centaur @Shaz51 @Razzle @Former-Member
In our Lived Experience side of the forum this month we are celebrating @Tinsel for their wonderful contribution in offering ideas on how to cope with the holiday period of Christmas and New Year here
In our Carers forum we are celebrating @Appleblossom and @greenpea for supporting a new member here, sharing their own experiences and helping to make members feel welcome is what we are all about in the forums so great work.
- Topic Tuesday // The pet effect: animals are good for our wellbeing!// Tues, 18 Feb, 7pm AEDT (Lived Experience)
- Topic Tuesday // Are you feeling alone? Carers support and discussion // Tues, 25 Feb, 7pm AEDT (Carers forum)
- Calling all Carer Forum members: share your experience to help us serve you better, and go in the draw to win Westfield vouchers. Find out more here!
- Have you checked out the new forum topic area Better Off With You? This was created in line with a new suicide prevention campaign, tackling the feelings of sucidide and burdonsomeness. There are some wonderful, thoughtful threads in this area, so please do go and check it out and gain and share support
- SANE forums has its very own blog!!! What does this mean you ask? Head here for all the info!
Lived Experience Forum:
What I have learnt most is that the past cannot be changed (no matter how much we would like it to be) and learning to live in the present and just deal with what is immediately in front of us can actually refocus some of those negative thoughts.- said by @Zoe7here
Taking care of my home, adding a touch of cut flowers to my living area and keeping it clean makes me feel good. I also enjoy the outdoors and truly appreciate the gardens that I walk past daily. - said by @Boo13 discussing self care tips here