Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

NikNik
Senior Contributor

Uploading an avatar

Hi everyone,

Please be sure to choose an avatar or choose upload your own.

To upload your own:

• Click your username (in blue) to  get to your profile
  • On the right hand side there is a “My images” box. Click “View all images”  & then the “add image” tab
  • Upload pic
  • Click “settings” top right next to your username
  • Go to ‘profile picture’ tab
  • Choose “from uploaded images’
  • All of the pictures you uploaded should appear – pick the appropriate picture & you’re on your way.

If you just want to choose an avatar from the pre-exisiting library, just follow the instructions in bold.

If anyone has come across a more efficient way, please feel free to post it here

🙂

25 REPLIES 25

Re: Uploading an avatar

Hi,
These instructions are not detailed enough for those of us who are not super savvy. I never use avatars and when I tried to follow these instructions they didn't work for me (didn't get an add image tab).
Cheers.

Thanks Kristin.
Totally understand your point.

I will see how I can go about uploading some images of screen shots. I will have something up in the next 24 hours.

Thanks for your feedback!

I'm pretty good at all this stuff, but the avatar thing was, well, complicated and not at all intuitive. That's why we're testing before going "live" I guess.

Well, I'm no good at all at this stuff, so I'm not going to try yet 😉

Hi everyone,

I don't have screenshots just yet - but I have a better way!

- Go to your profile by clicking your username. It should be in blue next to Logged in as:, at the topc right of the page

-Click on your profile pic

- change your profile pic (should give you an option to upload a pic)

Try that! 🙂

Let me know how it goes.

Hi Nik

Where are we uploading said picture from - our own pc? the web?

I think you may be assuming a level of tech savvy and technology ownership which is beyond some of us at least. This needs to workable for people who may access it solely using a pc at a local school, neighborhood house, public library, etc.

Please bear in mind the correlation between ill-health/disability and poverty, many people do not have internet at home still. Whilst this is by no means everyone, it ought be considered in maximising the accessibility of the forums to all those in need.

Best regards,

Kristin

Absolutely understand Kristin.

Kristin, this is my second attempt at this post... I wrote an entire post & all that showed was the line above.

Lets try again -

The image has to uploaded from your computer or a USB.

If you find a picture online, you can right click it and "save as". Find a folder to save it to that you will remember (saving to desktop is an easy place to remember). You can also save it to a USB if you don't want to save it to the computer your using.

After you follow the instructions above, you will find a "browse" button, which you click. Retrieve the image from the place you saved it.

Let me know if you need further assistence.

Hi Nik Nik, 

I've been trying to upload an avatar, but it hasnt been approved yet. 

Hi blue-bird,

That's really odd - I saw this the day you uploaded it & approved it straight away.
When you follow the instructions above, what happens? Can you see the images you have uploaded?

Has anyone else had this problem?
NikNik

UPDATE: I have notified our tech people & will keep you all updated.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance