Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Life After Bushfires

Re: Rebuilding after the fires // share your story

Hi everyone, I am really late to jump into this thread! But, reading over it this afternoon I wanted to acknowledge all the stories that have been shared here💙 @BPDSurvivor @YouAreNotAlone @frog @Shaz51 @Fizz @Burnt 

I've noticed a few new members coming to share their stories this week too, so I might tag you both here in case this is a space you would find helpful @Poppet1 @Klutz 

I was volunteer firefighter at places around the South Coast fires, 2019/20.

I did a number of shifts during this time, in particular the Conjola and Bewong areas the days it went really bad. 

I was deliberately excluded by local management from any communication from brigade or attending a debriefing at the time about the fires, and still have received no assistance or information after many requests.

After many years service at different levels, I feel somewhat discarded and ignored with a lot of blanks in my memory, nightmares and distress over not being able to piece together what I and so many others went through.

I'd be interested if there are any people willing to reply/share a story from their experience in or around these locations? Particularly the days around New Years?

PS. Thank you for those who shared on previous comments I am reading. 💗

Hey @GentleGiant 

Glad you were able to share your story here. I should add that if you go back and read other stories and feel you can relate and would like to reply specifically, type the @ symbol and add the person's username and it will alert them that there is a response for them to see.

Hanami

Thank you @hanami I am reading through. 💜

New to the

Life After Bushfires Forum?

Chat to people

who have been through it

Register To Connect

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Life After Bushfire Resources: