Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Ja3zee
New Contributor

Anxious and stuck

Hey y'all. So lately my anxiety has been crippling. I am fearful of social situations with means I'm spending so much time alone and when I'm alone I just want to be strong enough to be with others.

It's such a downward spiral. I don't see a way out and that's making me feel darker.

Has anyone else felt like they've hit rock bottom and found a way out of it?

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Anxious and stuck

@Ja3zee  Welcome to the forums.

I’ve definitely hit rock bottom, many times. Finding ways out can be tricky.

Do you see a counsellor? It might be a good place to start. 

You might also also like to join in other conversations around the forums. Knowing others are struggling with similar issues helps the ‘ aloneness ‘ that comes.

I am sorry you are going through this tough time. Take care.

Hi @Maggie I am struggling to not to harm myself it's been seven years I am hearing this voices. I am seeing a pyschiatrist but I am not sure her treatment is helping me. Can you suggest me any counceller. I am sorry I had to ask you this way. But I am try to find my way here and ask someone for counceller suggestions. I live in Parramatta NSW.
If you could me help me that ll be great.
Thanks
Kritika

Hey @Kritika Smiley Happy

It sounds like you’ve been battling with these voices for so long - I imagine it would be so exhausting Smiley Sad If you're struggling with thoughts of harming yourself, its really important you reach out for support, some options are Lifeline (13 11 14) or Suicide Call Back Service (1300 659 467). Take good care of yourself 🌸

I understand why you would be looking for a good counsellor who can help you work through this. Unfortunately, due to forum guidelines, members will not be able to provide you with specific referrals. However some places you can search for mental health professionals are:

Australian Psychological Society (APS)

https://www.psychology.org.au/Find-a-Psychologist

Australian Clinical Psychology Association (ACPA)

https://acpa.org.au/find-a-clinical-psychologist/

Psychology Today

https://www.psychologytoday.com/au/counselling

Hi @Ja3zee 

I have been at rock bottom quite a few times  - I'm pretty close to it right now 

I have learned a couple of nitty-gritties that help - basic but tough 

We gather strength and resilence with time  - success with small things grows to successfully achieving greater things 

However right now we are all compromised socially so we have to tough that out as well

We all have that strength within  - we can learn to access that  - socially - we need to worry less about how things seem and concentrate on how things are and give other people a chance 

All the best 

Dec 

Thnak you @Jupiter
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Owlunar
They are really nice words. I found this helpful. Thank you. 🙂
It’s easy to get lost in worry. You are right. Just Accepting. Rather than what if’s, how will I manage etc..

Thanks @Former-Member 

Hello @Ja3zee 

I was in a similar situation with some other complications. My social interaction with family became a nightmare with no possible options. The situation has improved over time. This has been difficult. I used such things as controlled gradual exposure and other therapy such as mindfulness and ACT (acceptance commitment therapy). I can now see my grandchildren for a limited time. The anxiety is now more manageable. Still a long way to go. I am now able to be involved in a small way. This is a huge relief. There is help out there. My anxiety is still crippling but the sting is not as sharp. 

I'm happy to chat is you like.
WriterMelb.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance