Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

LAM
Contributor

Blogging and grief sites

Hi there,I don't know if this is the right topic or not, but...

In my early years of grief after losing my adult son, I would spend nights when I couldn't sleep, at my computer googling sites about grief looking for suggestions and stories  from other people.

Also, we created a blog about my son and our family,  and I still find writing on it useful and therapeutic. I can't share everything on it because I know it is a public place but I can share quite a lot without 'over-sharing' Woman Happy

For more personal thoughts I put my writing in a word document and have a special folder on my desk top.

I'd love to hear about other ideas!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Blogging and grief sites

If you are someone that likes writing, I think that blogging can be a wonderful tool. I use it, and have been thinking about having a blog about my journey as well. I think as long as you realise (like you said) that it can be a public platform and decide what you want to share it can be great. Having a place for your private thoughts is good as well, because you are able to write them and express a lot of what you are feeling, but not sharing it unless you decide too.

Re: Blogging and grief sites

Hi LAM,

This is a great topic so thanks for bringing this up.That is a great idea you created a blog for your son. It would be very therapeutic.I also use OneNote on my desktop and journal everyday about my dreams and thoughts of my son.

Our family has created a memorial Facebook page for my son that all his friends and our family can view and post pictures and stories. Since my family is all overseas,  It is a way for them to know what is going on and allows us to keep in touch with all of Michael's friends and let them know when we have a special event planned. i.e. anniversary service up at his college or his birthday. It works quite well, but we keep it secure by having it closed and anyone that joins has to prove first they genuinely know our son.

I also get special graphics done for my son through a Facebook group. There is nothing better than checking my in-box in the morning and receiving a new precious graphic on my son. It brightens my day and my heart sings.I have hundreds of them and cherish them all. Not sure what I will do with them all, but they are lovely just to flip through when I am missing my boy,

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance