Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Change123
Senior Contributor

Boundaries

Hi

I know boundaries is a real issue for BPD people and it is a real issue for me - I tend to tell everyone everything about me and dont know where the STOP button is. I try at work do not engage in social chit chat and mainly chat about work to avoid this but it doesnt always work.  I think part of it comes from the need to JUSTIFY myself and when I answer something I tend to rather than say yes or no go into a long winded story about myself.  I dont tell peole I have BPD but will share information that my partner says is private.

Just wondering if anyone has any tips on how to cope with this. 

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
BlueBay
Senior Contributor

Re: Boundaries

Sorry @Change123 I can't give any tips on this one because I am really bad with boundaries.

I struggle with boundaries especially emailing my therapist.  I tend to act out like a little child pushing and pushing.  

hopefully someone else can come on here and give some tips.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hey @Change123

I was wondering what concerns you the most about your boundaries? Do you have a problem with how much you share? Have you sat down with your partner and talked about what is and isn't okay to share?

What are your thoughts?

Hi @Former-Member

Yes I have actually talked with my partner and I know he is an extremely private person but sometimes I have no intention of talking private stuff and it just comes out -yes I share too much and I constantly justify everything.  I can understand the justify stuff but not saying too much.  My partner thinks its because of the BPD thing that we all want to be included so I use that as a tool to get included in conversations??  I can see that I do that sometimes but others  I dont realise until its too late. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance