Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: COVID19 - Unpacking fact vs fiction! + Self Care Strategies

I thought going down the street would be easier as less people are out and about, but nope, didn't happen. My anxiety is still high. It sucks. They are not doing on line shopping so I have to get there at some stage. 

@Define_normalI agree, it state is doing something different. My kids have been sent home. It is so confusing.

Try to see what usual things are still happening. The postie still delivers, the garbo still empty the bins, even centrelink is still happening (just). Everyone is stressed. I talked to my doctor today and said I was still a bit paranoid, but everyone else is too so that is normal now! We have to continue with the belief that we will get though this, its the best way to move forward and look for opportunities to still have a life regardless of the changes happening.

Hello Everyone,

I'm only coming back to the forum now because I was very unwell and hospitalised. I had my first win today. I managed to go shopping and faced my fears, with a lot of help from my medical team and Sane, but in the end I did it myself. I celebrate that tonight. Taking it minute by minute. Baby steps.

We are all in this together and we will be able to make positive changes.

Hope you are all keeping well and safe. Thinking of you.

💖 @Former-Member .....

🙂 How are you @Faith-and-Hope 

Life is full of big ups and downs for me @Former-Member ..... a lot has happened in recent months.  WH and I are now separated and he re-partnered before he left, placing my most vulnerable adult child in the middle of that new relationship before I even knew it was there ...... He has time with her in his new home, which is in our same housing complex, but he is not self-isolating around her even though she has lower immunity ..... it's a real concern for me, and her siblings, at the moment.

I am gritting my teeth and hoping she remains safe.  

Too true @Former-Member we are all in this together Heart

@Faith-and-Hope I really hope things begin to settle, understandable you'd be super concerned with the lower immunity, keep us updated on her and remember all of your supports if you need to debrief at all.

Just an update for everyone reading along @Mex @Mex @Define_normal and others we have a new forums blog on how to connect with the virtual world during COVID19, feel free to read along here. And comment too if you like! We hope it helps.

Thanks @nashy  🙏 

💕 @Former-Member 

Dear @Faith-and-Hope 

I am so sad to read what has been happening to you and about your concern for your children. It must be so tough for you to get through this. Please keep us updated and reach out xoxo

I don't k is how much more I can take about this virus. 
watching 60 mins tonight and they're saying if you're obese xnd get sick you are at a very greater risk of getting it wirse. And you could suffer long term respiratory problems for life. 
I'm classified obese and I'm really panicking. I'm very very anxious. 
I can't hear it again. I'm fearing a lot right now. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance