Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Carers Hints and tips to Success

@Former-Member

Ty, you’ve inspired me to start another jigsaw. My problem with buying them from op shops is I’m scared there’s pieces missing. 🙂

What’s your favourite puzzle 🧩?

My problem with buying them from op shops is I’m scared there’s pieces missing.-- they should be all checked before selling them @Icare20 

i used to do all the jigsaw puzzles first when they come into our op shop

if there was any missing , i would throw them out @Former-Member , @Icare20 

I was given a 1000piece dogs puzzle

and i have a ¬imossible Puzzle¬ which has no border

Funnily enough @Icare20 

and @Shaz51 I did recently encounter a problem with an opshop jigsaw, found a piece that did not fit in and sure enough was one bit short to complete my puzzle. I reckon someone may have discretely swapped some pieces over as the puzzle was packed in a ziplock bag to keep all the pieces together. I am planning on ringing them but they are only open for a few hours twice a week.

I tend to go for puzzles without too much sky, often picking shop/ market/ building/ farm/  garden themes with 500 or 1000 pieces @Icare20, do you have any preferences?

When decluttering I did donate a few puzzles to the MH ward that Mr D was on as they usually had one on the go there.

@Adge  Mr Darcy finds doing jigsaws difficult.

Well @Icare20 There's the Map of Australia Jigsaw (that my client loves) - it has all the state borders, so many different animals, so much detail (& activity going on) in it.

Including Crocodiles wearing Sunglasses (sun-baking), & Cockatoos riding surfboards, etc. Educational, yet also very funny....

Then there's the Map of the Whole World Jigsaw (client also loves) - with every continent in it.

So much detail, so many different animals (in it), & so many different cultures & people shown - it's complicated, & takes quite a bit of prompting (& help) for my client to get far with doing it.

Adge

Was wondering about getting a world map @Adge as I am a bit rusty on my geography and thought it might be educational as well as relaxing 😁.

I've got this beach scene, it got a few people and an old Holden on it, a lovely photo from the 60s 70s I think, I'm house sitting at the moment but when I get home, I'm on it 😃

Mr Darcy finds doing jigsaws difficult.--- same here @Former-Member 

Mr shaz can not do jigsaws, games reading Smiley Sad

My client's World Map Jigsaw looks a bit like this one @Shaz51 @Former-Member @Icare20

Except that it has far more detail than this one....

Win a world map jigsaw puzzle | National Geographic Kids

@Alex4 

You might pick up some practical tips in this discussion thread.

@Songs58 

You might pick up some helpful tips in this discussion thread.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance