Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Coping Toolbox ( what is in yours to help you cope )

Hey @Shaz51 really struggling with my anxiety of late and just can’t seem to get a grip on things. Accessing my toolbox regularly but nothing seems to be working. Being dangled like a puppet regarding a visit with my girl as she keeps changing her mind and putting me off. A little more phone communication these days but only very brief and only when it suits her. I’m trying to step back from it all but plays on my mind constantly and just can’t seem to focus on much else. Winter has been so cold this year and I’m really missing my swims at the beach. Drove to the coast today but was blowing a gale so just sat and gazed at the ocean for awhile. Home again now and trying to relax on the lounge once again. I don’t know darling, I just hope this mood shifts soon. 

Hi @Shaz51 

How are you? That's really nice of you to check in. Thankyou! I think I'm 'ok'! Some sought of looming background anxiety. I think I need to get up & move around. I might finish the vacuuming I started yesterday. The battery ran out half way through the job!  How are you lovely @Shaz51 ?

Hello and hugs my @maddison , @Krishna ❤❤

Big breath @Krishna , wow you have a positive in there my awesome friend,  it is good that there is more phone calls from your daughter even if they are only short and  when she wants too  

It is a step ,and  it might take a while , keep on keeping on 

Sometimes it is good to get up and do something to take our minds off things @maddison 

But yesterday I just could not get past it at all , soo I just sat on the coach nice and warm with TV on and a nice hot cuppa 

🥰🤣 I can not even remember what was on TV xxxx

Here if you want or like to chat 

Sitting with you xx 

Hi @Shaz51 thanks for reply. Vacuum chore is complete... At least until next time.

Whatever was on tv yesterday probably wasn't memorable anyway! A warm cuppa sounds calming in this cold winter. I'm glad you are feeling a little better today. U are doing good! I like how kind and giving you are, even though things are tough for you. Thankyou for reaching out & the offer to vent is absolutely returned, if you ever feel the need.

Hi @Shaz51 had some upos and downs. So much noise in my head and brain fog - needed to go bvack on some meds.
Hoping to cope with the side effects as the meds are turing the volume down in my head.

Just keep writing ,,... just keep writing ...
it helps to write down my progress and my beliefs. It also gives me a daily project.

Have a good day all 🙂

That is great @Maggie29 

Hello @Pablo66 , @maddison , @Krishna , @LizzieLou , @Boo13 

How are you going my friends 

Hello @Mumsy21 , @Leeanne 😀

I got daily headaches. I nowbuse a wheat heat pack on the back of my neck, top of my head, sides. It's good. @Anastasia 

Wheat packs are AMAZING! @pjc1965 

Last year (or the year before), I ended up making my own wheat packs. Made huge ones for over the neck and shoulders.

Also made long wrap around ones. 

Bought wheat from the fruit and nut shop to fill the bags, plus dried some lavender to add to it.

They are lovely!

@tymey wheat pack cost $36. Expensive. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance