Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Decluttering and home maintenance

Yes Decluttering Paperwork is quite a hurdle @Former-Member 

That's why it gets left so long - until it seems overwhelming.

It's very motivational to have it done - or started on.

Now I need to move on, to cull some more piles of printouts etc...

Adge

You're off the starting blocks @Adge persistence pays!

I managed to fill  large garbage bag from.my office.desk and another 1/2 bag from.under today. Atill have not found.the required document I was.lookimg for 😬

The hunt will resume tomorrow. 

Contents of 2 large boxes (basically my too hard sort laternbasket) deposited on the floor for sorting. Probably should tidy that up before bed 🥴😵

Hi All... up and down here with sorting, but did get that boxful of clean and good condition clothes to the op shop... some yard clutter into the bin... and today I went through our building materials stash to find the bits needed to make a new flyscreen for Younger Daughter's window. Then left the building part of it up to her and Hubby. They're finishing the last steps now.

And re-establishing my veggie garden beds is helping me get other yard clutter into order. Assorted wire panels and star pickets are turning into wallaby exclusion fences, scruffy planks are becoming garden edgers. That kinda thing. Some bits are still pretty messy, other parts are starting to look nice. And are growing tomatoes while they're at it. Smiley Very Happy

i am inspired @Adge  !!!

i usually feed old bank n personal papers i don't want anymore to 3 worm farms .

Happy going n best wishes to all, melly.

@Darcy @Determined @Shaz51 @Smc @Bow @Emelia8 

Good morning fellow declutterers

Spent a few days sorting stuff at my Mum's place in the big smoke as she has moved into full time residential care.  Thankfully there was a time limit as we need to put her house on the market to cover nursing home entry fee.

Even though it felt like we came home with a car full of stuff,  the majority of it was a dinner setting that goes with the table I inherited, I tried to only pick things out that will be useful including cleaning supplies and containers I can use in the freezer (I was running short of these as I have been trying to cook in bulk and freeze for later). There were only a few small sentimental pieces. Despite being in the middle of renovating, most items were able to be put away immediately.

hello @Adge@Determined@Smc@Mellysmellyelly , @Former-Member , @Former-Member 

that is a big step my friend @Former-Member , sending you hugs 

we have a far few things packed up and stored away from the house 

the house now is free standing ready to be demolised 

@Former-Member 

Oh no @Former-Member 🚩 that's a big red flag for clutter bugs, cleaning out our parents home. ⚠️One thing they didn't tell me when dad went to permanent care is the fees aged care charge (on doo of daily care fees) was like a penalty every day we delayed payment which was $30k in six months - this is NOT redeemable to dad's estate like the bond is ($395k) Recent statement of dad's Estate does indicate he lost $60k with delays selling the home. They don't tell us this stuff 🤬 its legal. Do Read the small print. And ask 💕
I have x6 boxes of bric-a-brac, papers and photos to sort and find a place for. Definately a clutter hurdle.

@Shaz51 - storage units sure make moving & sorting easier. Feel for you 💕

@Former-Member we are aware of the fees, fortunately due to a milestone birthday all siblings were in town and we made a dedicated effort to get things at Mums place sorted and the place is going on the market promptly.  

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance