Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Decluttering and home maintenance

@Former-Member  lol love the cat ... actually all three cats had a go at sitting on various piles of paper throughout the afternoon 🙂 

i spent all day sorting all the paperwork and now have piles ready for boxes /containers and filing cabinet - that will be tomorrow’s job 

very satisfying indeed - wish I’d done it earlier - however I guess today was the day and I’m super glad for that - I was totally in the mood and I powered through it and enjoyed seeing the order emerge from the chaos ! 

Paperwork is a big piece of the clutter puzzle at my house and I feel wonderful knowing it’s more under control now and the random piles and boxes of paper are much reduced and will be all in tidy containers and tidied away soon !! I can’t wait 😊 

@Sophie1  🙌

70548392_2616092001745619_5034676791696949248_n.jpg

images (4).png

Had a bonus today, magpie friend called in unexpectedly and took away the rest of the stuff he was after (including an old angle grinder @Smc ). 

Mr Darcy had organised a fellow to come and take away an old mattress and some other rubbish and is now really pleased that our carport is clear. 😀

Finally had last trims on our roof restoration completed today. (Job started July 11).

Have not bothered to get up and check it out as I am kind of over it. Insurance is going to send out a qa. Inspector apparently so they can sort any outstanding issues as I am sick of having to follow up on poor workmanship. 

Waiting on new solar panels now. The near new panels were destroyed by the cowboys that took them off the roof. Anticipating a call in the next day or 2 to confirm a time to have panels installed. Glad to finally see construction materials gone from the front of our house. 😵😤

Hoping things go smoothly hereon in @Determined .

Sorted a couple of bagfuls of assorted rubbish down to recyclables, worm food, rubbish-rubbish, and a small collection of "oops,what was that doing in there?". (I'm about 30-40c richer in the form of overlooked small change. And have a few more clothespegs and pencils available. 😛 )

Had roof people turn up this morning to finish off some trims I had passed on feedback for. 

Darling thought it was all finished. In hindsight it may have been better to tell her sooner of the unfinished items. 

I am proud of how well she contained herself but it Definatly rattled her quite a bit. 

Asked me what the # was going on if front of the guy so it was no secret that she was unhappy to see them lol 

@Smc continued progress = 😀

Yesterday I donated a quilt and blanket the vendor had left at our place - they were hard to find as the linen cupboard had been stuffed with things ad hoc 😬.  Today we emptied it out and have sorted it. Have a couple of items for the op shop, some old tea towels, well worn sheets etc have gone into a rag bag (will offer to the gardener in the first intance) and other items have been put away in more suitable places with only necessary items put back neatly in situ. Cupboard looking heaps better now :ok_hand:.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance