Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Decluttering and home maintenance

Understandable @Former-Member  I know my spending is filling an emotional hole for me atm. so cuttting myself a break. Trick is to chuck out the old when I find something better. And with my parents house being sold for dad's care ... I've acquired more. Have a whole tallboy of photos (memories) to duplicate and sort somehow for other family members. They don't deserve another drop if my efforts and money, but it's 'the right thing to do" need to buy a scanner. No, forgot, got one in storage in Qld 🙃 Your new shed is a fair size. Hope you sort out the boundary line issues. I find settling into a new place challenging, but also exciting. I'm so enjoying having my own space 🌷

Thank you @Former-Member 

I have done lots and have put lots in the bin 

Going to try and do the rest by December when our children are coming home for a weekend

Not all of them but it will be food to have the table finally cleared 

@Former-Member I stil try and keep an eye on the "one in two out" rule (minimum one in, one out). As it took so long to get things back under control, I don't ever want to end up in the same place when we had our crisis and things got out of hand.

I have found for myself that not so many well chosen photos are adequate for memories. Apart from a pre-move cull (where I put aside some pictures to send to family and friends without scanning), I cannot remember when I last looked at our collection. If you have a tall boy full, can I very gently suggest it would be reasonable for you to divvy up the photos without worrying about scanning. Not everyone needs every picture and some will be more relevant to one person moreso than another. 

We too enjoy the challenge of a new place and this time we are in a position to work on renovations and improvements immediately which is a nice feeling, we are in the process of getting plans drawn up.

@Shaz51  Well done for the progress you have made. Having visitors  = incentive to get things done.

Well done for the progress you have made. Having visitors  = incentive to get things done., thank you @Former-Member xxx

want to get a few more things done before children visit in november and december

have to buy new pillows , these one smell mouldy

Hi @Former-Member Thanks for your encouraging reminders.

Hi @Shaz51

Yes I've done some decluttering of my paperwork, although there is still more to be done.

My aviaries are definitely decluttered - as there are far fewer birds in them (although they were not over-crowded).

Adge

Good work @Adge , making an indent in the paperwork = 😀.

Fewer birds = 😔 

Adequate airspace = 👍

Hi @Adge , @Smc  @Determined  @Shaz51  😊

So cool listening to how you all deal with our materialism. 

@Former-Member , that's a good suggestion re photos. Difficult thing is - nobody in my family talks. I honestly don't think they're interested at all. I thought I'll only copy THE BEST, maybe make a booklet.  It would be a labour of love unappreciated by them, but maybe not my son.. It just seems wrong to throw any out, so after I copy what I like, I might dump them at my sister's. Unfortunately if someone mentions '''r sister" (me), she says "what sister"  Just not good enough since she married her dr GP. Its a MH stigma too I think - she's ashamed of us.  Sad, I miss family

Sorry, bit down tonight. got a really Nasty letter from my bro2 today. He ''gets on'  with my sister.. Teary. I'll be fine.

51D674D0-04FA-4279-AD15-8361E859F8FE.jpeg

@Former-Member  💕

Hugs @Former-Member , @Faith-and-Hope  xoxo 

@Former-Member @Adge

Dealing with some things =  distressing emotions.  Sending gentle thoughts your way.

images (34).jpg 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance