Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Difficulty talking to psych

Thanks @saltandpepper and @Maggie.

I had to drop off the thread a couple of days before my psych session to reduce my chances of messing up the session. I ended up having a really good session. I'm a lot more harsh about making myself the problem. When I explained the stuff from my counsellor to my psych, he tried to show me that there's a different perspective that's not so harsh. Still a problem I have and can work on, but not me inherently and unchangeably being the problem. I don't always believe that but my homework is to try. 

@TheVorticon  All anyone can do is try. I think you are giving it your best shot. Good on you.

Take care.

Thanks @Maggie.

Feeling like crap after session with counsellor. Dredging up shit from 15yrs ago and he spent most of the time talking. 

@TheVorticon  👋🏻👋🏻❣️❣️

Hey @TheVorticon is there anything you wanted to get out that you didn't get a chance to say in therapy? Not easy going back to the old wounds, here if you needa chat

I don't know. I just wanted him to stop talking and stop explaining for a second. I wish I wasn't me and wasn't here.

@TheVorticon It's OK to butt in and tell your psych to slow down. And it's OK to tell them you're not ready to hear/talk about something. It's up to you to decide on the pace, not them, OK?

Hi there @TheVorticon,

You're sitting with a lot of pain tonight from those opened wounds. It sounds like your counsellor was moving at a different pace than you needed in that session. I'm sorry they couldn't see that.

If you feel like you need some extra one-on-one support or feeling unsafe I encourage you to contact a helpline-

Suicide Call Back Service: 1300 659 467

Lifeline: 13 11 14

Here with you,

Sphinxly 🐣

Yeah I should've given him a time out signal or something. I just start shutting down when that sort of thing happens though. Guess that's something I need to figure out and prep for - what I need when shutting down.
Thanks @saltandpepper and @Sphinxly. And @Maggie from before.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance