Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Ditching the Ciggers

Ah okay @TAB
Same here.

I posted on a new start thread.

Hi 

Im ditching the ciggies as well and it sounds like you need combination therapy like patches and lozenges or gum. it helps also to not go where you used to smoke cause the association can make you want one.if you must smoke then outside you go or near the letter box anywhere that is different helps and there is no association of smokes and keep away from passive smoke and other smokers 

good luck 

Hi @SnowWhite  I think combination is for a people who really smoke a lot, I did that a bit at the start, good luck, I havent smoked 400 days now, you can do it

Well done on ditching the smokes. Have to say I feel like a lot of quit info sounds like it was written by non smokers. Ive mostly given up for a while now, found that emotional situations can sometimes be problematic. If youre self isolating then this is good because you dont get triggers from other smokers which can make it more difficult. I went cold turkey but there is an app called "my quit buddy" that I found really helpful.

Hi @Mex  I used Quit Buddy myself, someone told me about it, that and patches for a few weeks

so its day 449 today lol ie no cigs 2019, 2020 Cat Happy and thanks  

IMG_0874.PNGIMG_0875.PNG

Hi Everyone  Cat Happy @Mex @SnowWhite @MDT @Shaz51 @Meowmy @CheerBear 

Have to wait till it loads @TAB

same same its pics from app 650 days today I look at it everynow and again to see if even numbers etc lol @MDT    

wow @TAB , that is soooo great Heart

Hello @MDT@Mex@SnowWhite@Meowmy 

@Shaz51 hey Shazzy darling

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance