Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Gwynn
Senior Contributor

Re: Knitting

I gave my second scarf to my support worker yesterday for her birthday and she was stoked! 😄

Hi @Gwynn @roses @BlueBay @Former-Member @Daisydreamer and all knitters here! Just posting the first section on my Wellness Blanket that I finished a few days ago. I'm now knitting the border which is a turquoise colour. I hope you like it! The sewing of the squares isn't the best- sorry!

29A5C605-802C-4574-820A-05B18C701280.jpeg

Now that I've done this section, I feel like I've achieved something which will help motivate me for the next section which will be in light colours. 

I look forward to seeing more of your wonderful knitted creations.

Judi9877☺️🧶

Gwynn
Senior Contributor

Here's my scarf, in teal.  As you can see, it's now almost twice the size of an A4 piece of paper.  The rubber band on the needle is to help me keep track of whether I'm doing row 1 or row 2 in the pattern. 

IMG_2125.JPG

That looks great @Gwynn  👍 

Wow you're so cleaver @Judi9877  

do you or anyone else have a pattern to knit a shopping bag. 

Gwynn
Senior Contributor

Thanks, @Eve7 ! 😄 It's coming together, slowly but surely.

Beautiful colour @Gwynn  love it!! 🙂

Gwynn
Senior Contributor

Thanks, @BlueBay !  I'm not going fast enough at the moment, though. 

try-knitting-they-said-it-relieves-stress-they-said-that-26893373.png

Gwynn
Senior Contributor

Hey @Judi9877 , how did your time at PARC go?  Did you get some knitting in? 😄

Hi @Gwynn and everyone here! I hope each of you have been having enjoyable knitting sessions!

@Gwynn Yes, I did do some knitting at PARCS- I got most of a baby cardigan knitted and started a baby jumper but I then decided to knit some squares for a blanket just for me (3 in total). I've sort of lost the motivation for these at the moment. I have started knitting myself a scarf using a pattern that is a 2 row rib pattern and it's really calming in the way I knit the 40 stitches on the 5mm needles. It makes me feel like I'm doing mindfulness in a way and I love it. I'm using 8ply acrylic yarn from Spotlight as they had some in special this week and I also had the gold, white and navy blue at home whereby I started with gold as it's what I had accessible at the time. I had to buy ruby red and forest green yarn at Spotlight as I'm going to put white after each colour to make the scarf about 175cm long - 25cm each colour. I'll post a photo later on. 

I love the teal colour of your scarf! Well done on the great progress! 

Judi9877☺️🧶

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance