Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Knitting

Love the scarf @Gwynn☺️! Well done forumite! I’m very proud of you! Keep up the great work👍!

Judi9877🧶🌻

Hi @BlueBay .  I finished my teddy last night- just need to get some toy filling to fill it up!- and have now moved on to knitting a baby blanket for charity. Your blanket sounds really pretty. I'd like to see a picture of it when you're finished if you'd like to share. 

The blanket I'm knitting is going to be in strips with the measurements 1m x 1.2m. There are 40 stitches on 4mm needles and I started it early this morning around 1am when I could t sleep since Melbourne was so hot still! It's great fun and I like knitting with the fan on and listening to my iPod.

Have fun!

Judi9877

Gwynn
Senior Contributor

Thanks @Judi9877 , I'm glad you like it!  I'm still working on getting the tension into my knitting, though.  What kind of cast-on do you use?  What are your favourite stitches for a scarf?

116881403_3313868582037753_9101495419497468512_n.jpg

Ok @Gwynn I’ve not seen those instructions before 😋

Gwynn
Senior Contributor

Are they helpful?  Smiley Wink  21270986_1910208285672569_1105058641662916333_n.jpg

Screenshot_2020-11-22 Speed Bump by Dave Coverly for May 30, 2014 GoComics com.png

Hi @Gwynn . I'm just a plain boring knitter for a scarf when I knit for charity which is garter stitch - I think! All I know is it's not purl so it must be that or maybe they call it knit stitch? Anyway, it's just the basic one you all learn at the start of knitting.

I will admit I have got a cable scarf on the go for my friends mum that's been on the go for over a year now. It's in Bendigo Wool using 2 strands of 8ply to make it thick with about 43 stitches in an 8 row pattern on 6.5mm knitting needles. I've been so busy with uni and moving last year and life in general (also I need silence to do the scarf as the pattern is complicated but my friend is a big talker along with the rest of my family) it's kind of been left aside. With uni ending soon, I plan to get around to working on it some more and getting it done. I'll try and post a pic of it when I find it and maybe a link to the pattern if you'd like it.

Have fun and keep on knitting forumite friend!

Judi9877🧶☺️

Hi @Gwynn @Eve7 @utopia @BlueBay @Maggie and all knitters here. Below is my cable scarf I've decided to work on again after being unable to sleep last night. It's on 6.5mm needles and in Bendigo Woolen Mills Luxury wool 8ply in Koala colour using 2 strands of wool together. There's 43 stitches on the needle and it's knit double to make the scarf thick so the cable pattern comes out. I hope you like it!
26F19832-2A96-426C-9C1F-F93141A48B09.jpeg

Have fun knitting forum friends 🧶 !

Judi9877

Gwynn
Senior Contributor

Hi @Judi9877 that looks amazing! Your friend’s mum is very lucky!

That is just great @Judi9877 

Hi @Gwynn @Eve7 @utopia @BlueBay @Maggie @Daisydreamer @pipinya @TideisTurning @Rosie93 @Former-Member and all knitters here. I worked on this pattern over the space of 2 days from a website called Daisy and Storm which offer free knitting patterns. This is a knitted teapot picture full of knit and purl stitches done over 45 stitches on 4mm needles. I used some 8ply acrylic yarn from Spotlight that I had lying around and I might make it into a blanket. I hope you like it!35905862-2E87-4A28-B94E-4F404E98643E.jpeg

There are different pictures based on this type of pattern like animals, Christmas things, transport, and so on. Maybe you would like to have a try? 

Enjoy your knitting forumites!

Judi9877☺️🧶

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance