Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: My fitness journey

@Queenie @BryanaCamp  Just wondering how my fitness buddies are doing. Hope you are both doing well on your fitness journey.

I have been a very good pea. Have been walking and doing chair yoga. Have been eating healthy (loads of salads and some fruit with whole grain cereal as a treat) and drinking loats of water (yuck to the water :P) . Drinking shakes - vanilla now but will stay off the chocolate as I am a chocky addict and it may be too tempting to get the taste buds stirred up again :). Can slowly see a shift in weight.

Would love to hear about your successes. Love greenpea xxx

Way to go @greenpea , that's sensational! I'm well impressed.Smiley Happy

I did a 15km hard hike last week so I'm happy with that. Not doing quite so well on the daily exercise, I seem to be better at going on hikes rather than doing my short workout once a day.

That's great you're eating salads. Yeah, I always forget that fruit has sugar so I guess it is a treat isn't it? I sympathise with the choccy - I'm a definite chocaholic. I had a few beers on the weekend, lots of sugar but it was good fun. I made some wholemeal health biscuits, trying to snack on those & nuts instead of choccy & sweets. Do you find you have enough energy?

How are you going at the gym @Queenie ?

@BryanaCamp Hi BryanaCamp your hiking sounds great 🙂 I really should do more of that kind of exercise to shift the pounds. Can I ask how old you are? I am 54. I used to run but have done alot of damage to my knees and to be honest the motivation just isn't there to run any more although being super skinny is :).

Hard to tell for me whether my tiredness is the medication that I am on or my dietary changes. I do feel tired though.

Hey fitness and health buddies,

I have been lax about working out and dieting this week as I'm currently in respite for my mental health. I'll get back to it next week with gusto however. I look forward to my next boxing session. In the meantime I am eating well and healthily (all good food at this respite house) and drinking plenty of fresh spring water.

@Queenie @greenpea @BryanaCamp @hi all. I’m on a fitness kick as well. I have gone from 96 to 90 kgs but am losing motivation 🙃. I’d love to be a part of this group. My biggest weakness is afternoon binges on chocolate. It can be in block, cake or biscuit form but I love it. I really enjoy passing out from all the sugar for some reason 😁. Then I feel a bit sluggish and ill when I wake up but my mind has forgotten all of that by the next afternoon!! 

I go the gym and do 10 minutes of treadmill, 10 minutes of back and shoulder warm up then 40 minutes of weights. It’s not too bad when I get motivated, but the rest of the time it’s like hello sweeties 🤣. I hate walking though, but my psych suggested I do it mindfully, notice the different styles of letterboxes along the way.. etc. So when I get off my arse I’m going to try that. I’ll walk the k to the gym instead of driving down. 

I love the tips and think this could help me stay on track. Homemade snacks sound like they could be fun. 

@Alacarte  Hi Alacarte the more the merrier I say! good on you with the weight loss :). Are you finding that medications are putting weight on? I love chocolate too .... I could easily eat a bar of choccy in one sitting .... a family bar that is .... so I have to stay away from it totally :(. I especially love white choccy ... *sigh* oh well it is what it is. 

I used to be a total gym junkie and used to run (when I was totally manic) it gave me such a high these days gentle walks are the go (am going on one this morning).  Cannot face a gym again so much stimuli but also work out at home with qi gong and yoga so am happy with that 🙂 

@Queenie  @greenpea @Alacarte @BryanaCamp 

Hi everyone it is great to see everyone going so well this is a great thread.

I am just hoping some motivation. 3 years ago I started to try and get fitter I started out walking and I could only do about 3km. My goal back then was to get fit enough to hike the Overland Track in Tasmania with a 20kg pack. I reached my goal and I have kept going I have started swimming again and mountain biking and last weekend I completed my first Triathlon. I am not done yet bigger and better things ahead.

Just remember when it gets hard that it is worth it and if you need to have a break and start again my best advice 😊

@Ant7  Hey Ant7 it is great to 'see' you!! been ages :):) Wow good on you for being so motivated! I am telling you now I could never do a Triathalon best I have ever done is a half Marathon and that exhausted me. Again great to have you onn this thread. greenpea xxx

@greenpea  Hi great to see you again I hope you have been well ❤️

sorry guys i dont mean to be rude and i know this is a "positive thread" but i really dont understand how it doesnt at least have a trigger warning on it. and if someone were writing all this from the perspective of having and eating disorder i am sure it would be taken down. 

please dont misunderstand me i DONT want this taken down or anything that is not my business but maybe do put a trigger warning on it cause there are talks about specifc weights and stuff and like i really shouldnt have read this but i am stupid and did anyway and i just wouldnt want others to get upset. 

anyway @Queenie  goodluck with your health goals. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance