Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: My self care motorcycle and photography adventure

@Determined 

I thought this forum was supposed to be anonymous. How did you get a picture of me and my hubby? 😆 😆 

(except now it's guitars)

Managed to get out for a ride this ave.

Bit of a glitch in the middle when I dropped the bike 😫😭

No injuries. Just hurt pride and bent/ scratched  crash bars.

Screenshot_20200809-175611_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200809-175629_Gallery.jpg

I get darling to endorse any big purchases before jumping in but thought this was funny.

Screenshot_20200922-170433_Messages.jpg

Re: My self care motorcycle and photography and boating adventure

Managed a family day in the boat today.

Weather has not been in our favour for some time.

Ended in tension and left wondering again why do I bother.  Children seem to have enjoyed the day though. 

And just for a healthy dose of mixed emotions... darling was talking about our next trip over dinner 🤷‍♂️

In her defence she did get drenched by a rogue wave over the side of the boat on our way home. 

Seems I am the only one who remembers the tension. Everyone else remembers the  great time we had. 

Managed a ride on my bike this afternoon after procrastinating for hours trying to make up my mind. Glad I went.. I always feel so relaxed after. 

New year goal is to do this more often 😃

@HenryX  this is a thread that you may be interested in to as you get back to your bike. I find my bike a great self care tool 😀

As you can see I also dusted off the boat and added it to the mix but it is gathering dust again as the weather never seems to match up with my windows of opportunity. 

Recently the bike has only been used for commuting as I have a ~100km  each way commute 1 day a week for uni. Definitely beats taking the car when it is not raining. 

@Determined 

Hi Determined,

Lovely views and photography. I will have to get my camera out and "dust it off too".

My country is flatter but there are some interesting views.

Your details give me some added incentive to get out there. Thank you

Cheers

HenryX

Out on the bike for the first time in 3 weeks this afternoon. Only a commute but it was a long commute and the weather was perfect for it.

I had planned a 100+km detour home via the hills but had a job come up so had to come hone via the direct route.  The trip has inspired me to get out and about more.  A lively upgrade from the pedal power I have been on recently 😃 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance