Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Self care by growing a garden

@SJT63, parsnip seeds lose their viability really quickly. Even freshly bought seed often germinates poorly. The best way to get parsnips to grow is to find someone who has some going to seed, collect it and plant ASAP. It'll even self-seed if allowed to do so, but I haven't gotten mine to that point in recent years. Hoping my seedlings do survive replanting so it happens this year. (Well, next year... they'll be due to go to seed next spring. 🙂 )

@SJT63 

Love this, made me lol 😅😂

Fancy you shower after gardening, I must tell Mr S that people do that sometimes.....

Is that a photo of your garden @Smc ?

It's spectacular!

❣️💞❤️

I wish, @Anastasia! 🙂

No, it's a display garden at a nursery. They've got full time gardeners to weed and plant and prune etc., and a budget for spectacular garden feature items. My garden, being just "lil ol me" and a limited budget, is nowhere near as neat or fancy.

https://lambley.com.au/gallery/vegetable-and-flower-cutting-garden

I was going to say wow you must be busy tending to it. It's stunning. I love, love, love tulips so pretty. Hope you have a lovely day 💞 

@Smc 

Hi all 👋

Had an outing to a garden with a small group of friends.  Weather was optimal and a pleasant time was had by all.  I came home with an anthriscus sylvestrus 'ravenswing' which I have planted.

I like the look of that anthriscus sylvestrus 'ravenswing' @Former-Member I just looked it up.

Adge

Happily, quietly, weaving together another tomato trellis in our backyard this morning. Stepped back as I finished a piece, and my ankle rolled on a bit of uneven ground. Oooo youchies!

Limped to where I had a stack of besser blocks and sat down while the burning pain subsided a little, then limped inside and called out for Hubby to fetch damp cloths, icepack and extra pillows. Prompt action (cool it down and elevate it) seems to have minimised swelling, so I expect it will be OK. Had fun milking it at lunchtime though, doing a totally exaggerated Igor limp. 😛

So much for wanting to get a lot done today... darn.

Managed to get another trailer load of green waste to the dump today after a productive weekend (Makes 3 in the past month). 

Was feeling flat and going to give up and make do with a less than full load but managed to find enough energy to finish wacking a robber tree and some other scrubby regrowth growing through the fence. Pleased with my efforts.  

67669717_1941677785933861_6174038564859281408_n.jpg

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance