Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Self care by growing a garden

Ha ha @Former-Member  on you wonderful pics.  Saw that last one on my fb feed.  Note I did not go onto fb until after I felt alright using this forum, so I got brave and wala ... between them both I have felt less isolated than ever before in my life.  So some gratitude to tek giants, but only a little whisper. I dont want them to get a bigger head or purse than they already have.

@Smc @Shaz51 @Schitzo @Sophie1 

Love my garden.  My neighbour who struggles with English, came up with .. its medicine for you ... yes!

Heart

@Appleblossom💚 images - 2020-09-30T091051.248.jpeg

Managed to get another plant in ground yesterday; the potted collection is diminishing with only a few plants left that I am waiting to check on flower colour before planting. 

A friend kindly bought us a mini yellow pear shaped tomato plant, planting out time where I live is mid October so that will need nursing for another fortnight.  Chillies are at the top of my wish list for the kitchen garden.  

Hi Everyone, am back home. 🙂

I managed to get out 10 rose bushes, and that was all that would fit in our small trailer once I'd added enough suitably sized pots for them and a few other items. Hubby got the back yard slashed (weeds were VERY tall), I managed to weed part but not all of the front garden. A lot of the weeds plus what I pruned off the roses have been made into a neat compost pile on the back "lawn", boxed in with some scrap timber. The less we need to keep slashed, the better... but given we've got a "wet spring" outlook, I'm guessing we may need to make another trip up there before summer really kicks in. November or so.

I managed to transport up some orchids from my sister's plants and some tulips from our garden for Mum- she was delighted to get them.

Was too tired to do much in the garden here today, so all I did was get the bagged roses out of the trailer and into a shadier spot, and give myself a tour to see how things were growing. There's pea plants growing in cardboard tubes tha are now ready to go in the ground. We'll see about getting to my sister's place to fetch back the baby tomatoes sometime within the next few days, and I want to get more spring/summer seedlings started off too. Our planting date is mid-November, but I can get away with planting earlier than that if I'm ready with the means to cover the plants if frost threatens.

Green bin night tonight so I got a bit more weeding done.  Picked up a gaura, a punnet of "French vanilla" marigolds and 4 more potted colour for out the front which is so very slowly starting to take shape. Checked out the veg seedlings whilst at the garden centre too, the chillies that I am after only come as single plants not in punnets, so held off as we are heading to our regional centre later in the week and will see what is available there.

Picked up some veg seedlings today at our regional centre but no success with the chillies I was after so plan to get them locally on due course.   I also picked up some sphagnum moss and have repotted our phalenopsis orchids, have not done this before and am hoping it will refresh them rather than deplete our collection. Has been too wet to head outdoors the last couple of days.

Hello @Former-Member , @Smc@Appleblossom@Schitzo@Sophie1@Anastasia@greenpea@Adge@Faith-and-Hope 

today we did our own garden tidyup and we filled up the whole trailer and then we took it to the free dump Smiley Very Happy

we were both sore after doing it , soooo rest day for the afternoon xx

Well done dear @Shaz51  I bet it looks amazing ❤️💜💚

looks better than it was my @Anastasia 

now we have to do mum's during next week xxxx

Might get out in mine tomorrow, if info will share some pics @Shaz51 💛

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance