Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Former-Member
Not applicable

Sleeping too much

8,691 REPLIES 8,691
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Sleeping too much

Three days in a row now I've slept in 'till 1-2pm after a reasonable nights rest, that's more than 12hrs a day & i''m laying back down now knowing i could fall asleep again. The need to pee pushes me up & thats concentrated so I just had a big drink of water (nothing since bedtime). Normally i'm hanging out for a morning cuppa but i made it at 8am & fell back to sleep. Most unlike me. The cold isn't helping. Live alone so it doesn't matter & there's not to get up for (plenty to do that can wait). Was just reading Proverbs about "a little sleep a little slumber" & "consider the ant" but i just can't. Was dizzy when i got up then. Never know when the right time is to see the dr since they seem to brush off most things & tests come back ok. The trouble is with sleeping heavy so much and living alone.And can't remember things so started a chart so i don't double up on pills etc Just wanted to talk about it in case it gets worse.Think my body doesn't want to carry me around any more lol Have a headache & a bit unsteady but haven't eaten today. Hopefully just a virus. 😔
Former-Member
Not applicable

Anybody else out there feel you could just slip away and nobody would notice for a week or two?

Have you had any test recently? If thiroid function is low will cause tiredness as will low vitamin d, there are others too.

I am constantly tired too. I think for me its a combination of therapy and trying to process it all. It gets exhusting.

Sorry i dont really have any answers. But you not alone in experiencing this.

Hi @Former-Member 😊

You probably should eat something.  Your blood sugar levels will be running low by now, and that won't be helping.

If the tests are coming back okay, maybe this is "Backwashitis" from everything else that's been going on for you for a while.  It sucks, but it passes.  Your body probably needs large doses of healing sleep to try to catch itself up, but it's also worth mentioning to the dr next time too.

Your son's graduation coming up is a good thing to keep focussed on when you're feeling low, and the make-over you have planned.  Are you going for a change in hair colour ?

I'm chilling in front of TV at the moment.  I've got a bit of a crick in my lower back .... hurts, but a heat pack feels really good on it.  Probably need to take a pain relief something as well.  And a cup of tea.

Thinking of you.  Glad you got in touch ❤️

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks for chatting guys. Thyroid always comes back fine. Could be the increase in antidepressants, just googled it "unusual dreams, unusual drowsiness, dullness, tiredness, weakness or feeling of sluggishness" was listed so i guess it takes a couple of weeks. Hate pills but need a little help right now.
OMG i've got a visitor

Certain medications can make you drowsy.  I'd talk to your doctor about the meds you take and the possible cause of the issue.  I think you should have your thyroid and vitamin d levels checked as well.  Those can cause sleepiness.

I struggle with sleepyness too, and a lack of intative, apathy really...about anything at all.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Good to see you @Chris

I'm always sleepy. My thyroid is stuffed and on medication 

I'll get more motivation soon 

Good to see you @Former-Member @Faith-and-Hope @Former-Member @Former-Member

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks for responding here everyone. The feeling of isolation, nobody watching out for you, over sleeping, physical ailments & MI that leave wondering if any of its real. It sure helps to connect.

My visitor was a pleasant surprise, an old friend passing by from 3hrs away. (I think it was God because i honestly was starting to think i was so alone that i could slip into a coma (sleep) and nobody would notice for at least a week or two - yuk). I had a bad pre-syncope episode while she was here though, after fish & chips. Glad she was her or i might have called an ambulance.

Not much better today, not sure whats going on, hopefully some sort of tommy bug & not heart. Off to dr tomorrow if no better & can get myself there.

The only person in town I'd feel comfortable calling is the church friend who drops by for coffee every week or two. But don't like to cause she's so flat out , busy, and rubs it in (compares). Today she tx her 24/7 schedule this week & notice she wont get to see me. Kind of deflates me.

Trying to go out more but just not well enough this week for the two things i try to attend, and they nobody thinks to ring or check.

Perhaps its an hybernation thing for winter lol

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance