Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Teej
Community Elder

Something that made me smile today or helped me to breathe a little easier for a bit.

Hi all,

I am finding the grid diary I’ve started helpful and I thought we could start a thread where we write, post image or song etc of something that helped even if for only thirty seconds on that day. It’s just a snapshot and not meant to be anything big. I think some days it will be a drop and run for me. I think for this to work best it would help not to have many responses to others posts or chat but really just snapshots that we can scroll through for inspiration or to remember. I do think it would be nice though if you found someone’s post inspirational and you tried it to let them know. The feeling that it helped someone is enough to put a smile on anyone’s face I think. 

For me personally there were a few reasons for starting this. One was to have like a forum journal of positives where you can look back to find the things that have helped in the past. I also like the collective and shared part of it. I have found my experience doing something like this is helping to look for those little things more each day. Lastly I thought it might be used for coping box ideas a bit. Anything that you find self soothing is one of the things that you can post. 

Looking forward to everyone’s posts. 

💜🤗

108 REPLIES 108

Re: Something that made me smile today or helped me to breathe a little easier for a bit.

I’ll start with this mornings for me....and yes it’s an image since I’m such a visual person. Lavender seems to be having a calming effect on me these days and I am beginning to smile when I smell it.

EAEE6FC5-E77E-4ED2-AD62-D5968E51379A.jpeg

Lol a sideways image. There is no need to worry about getting it right (she says trying to repeat that in her head over and over 😜)

Re: Something that made me smile today or helped me to breathe a little easier for a bit.

Finding this new thread made me smile today @Teej ☺

Here's mine

201438.png

I take so many photos of all kinds of things and sometimes when I'm feeling sad, I flick through my phone and look at them all. It helps because there's a smile worthy pic somewhere, every time.

This was the photo on my phone that stood out for me today.

@Teej @CheerBear and all in need of a smile...

Heart Judy Horacek and her topic of the month is: ‘Yoga, Mindfulness and Overthinking’ - something for everyone! (In my case, all 3 are relevant)

https://horacek.com.au/topic-of-the-month/topic-of-the-month-may-2018/

This is me today Smiley Happy

That made me chortle out loud @frog 😂. I loved meditation four ways. I’d be the forgetful one 🤗

i also just smiled reading and seeing what is going on in the craft corner. 

what a lovely thread @Teej Smiley Very Happy

Hello @frog, @CheerBear

one of my customers are growing climbing rose and gave me some to put in a vase

rose.jpg

A smile of mine today came from my socks (pink, caticorns, rainbows, shooting stars - how could it not?)

205259.png

Most of my clothes are varying shades of very dark, but almost all of the things that most people don't see me wear, like pj's and socks, are bright, sparkly, silly, funny, spotty or odd etc and they all make me smile. They're like secret (until I share them on a public forum) little pops of brightness ☺

I chortled at the description @CheerBear, looking forward to the image. 

It was a pansy patch near my therapists office and it made me feel a little brighter for a moment. It kind of felt like a heap of coloured faces looking at me. I was crying at the time I found these and for a moment they brightened my day. 💜🤗

ABE9B190-686F-4D4D-ACDF-F49CFE7FCECB.jpeg

Flowers are so often a smile moment for me too @Teej 😊💗 Your roses are beautiful @Shaz51

Such beautiful moments to make anyone smile here! Thank you all for sharing.

@Teej @CheerBear @Shaz51 @frog I've been trying to get over here for two days now, but something kept coming up. I still don't have a photo to share, but will keep trying. 

This morning a thing happened that has kept me smiling most of the day due to the strangeness and ridiculousness (in a funny way) of it. 

The creatures over the back fence are still making their unholy noise at first light. This morning I got up and peeked around my blind to see what on earth was going on right outside my window. The absolute strangest, funniest thing met my eyes. I dropped the blind and went to get my camera. Before I could get the shot they flew away. 

There were four turkey looking bird heads side by side looking over the top of the 8/9 foot high colourbond fence. All I could see were the necks and heads with their bodies blocked by the greenish wall, as they must have been standing on a fairly tall structure on the other side, looking straight at my window noising away to all and sundry. 

The image is unforgettable - it was like one of those funny memes - and it's given me many smiley moments today. Smiley LOLRobot LOLWoman LOL

I think they were trying to fight with their images in my sunblock tinted bedroom window, and I didn't realise so when I lifted the blind to take the pic, they flew away cos the window wasnt' mirrored anymore. I'll do better tomorrow, because they will be back, I'm pretty sure. 

I think they are Brush Turkeys. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance