Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Stressed about meal times

He is super fussy @Faith-and-Hope and i said i think you might be being a little fussy since you ate this one last time' and flipped out saying hes not fussy etc.

Hes seen the shops a few times and has been told by others too but yeah with his dementia he doesnt remember. He doesnt even remember going to thr chemist and hes only been back 15 m minutes so makes it harder.

I didnt really think to ring carers aust but i could. Ita seriously hia fusssiness though. If he would eat or drink other brands then it would be better cause i could get a different cereal occassionally or even something simple like different bread

Wondering if he'd eat scones? Not the best for nutrition, but better than nothing. Potatoes? (Ditto...)

Does he eat soups? It's possible to put all sorts of healthy stuff in soups in a not-too-obvious way.

I cant go during the early hrs as i have the school run @Dani1981
Former-Member
Not applicable

Sheesh 😟 what a pain in the butt! What DOES he like, just get lots of that. Shelces should restock soon. Maybe live on pancakes for now. Overwhelmed me just reading your post - step back a while, take a breather.

Im sorry @Faith-and-Hope @eth @greenpea @Former-Member @dani1989
I dont mean to sound like im brushing suggestions aside, i dont want to upset anyone

There isnt even pancake mix on the sheves but he doesnt eat them anyway 😞 (neither do i really but i would if there was nothing else) @Former-Member
He seriously is making it so hard and with the shelves constantly being empty its made it even more obvious to how fussy he is.

Theres no potatos here unless i want to pay 20$ for them @Smc even a regular lettuce (when there is some) is $7 now.
Uh he might eat scones, i havent tried them..

He eats soup but only like it if someone else makes it or it comes out of a tin 🤦‍♀️

It is a real problem @outlander, and I understand how it can leave you feeling as though others think you are knocking back suggestions, but you are the one with the reality of the situation.  You live it every day, and you k ow what you can get past him or not .....

I think it is wonderful that everyone here is offering whatever suggestions they can think of .... it's a real think-tank of ideas.  Maybe if they don't work for you, they might help someone else reading along with their own situation.

I still think its worth trying to get some support in around him @outlander, which means for you as well.  Carers Australia might suggest other organisations that are mobilising for the more vulnerable members of the community - and your pop is one.

I don't think you've upset anyone @outlander   As always, you are doing your utmost in a difficult situation.  We all care deeply about you.  I think perhaps your Mum should step up and do the school run so you can get what your Pop needs.  IMHO.  Sending love your way.  I'm signing out now to unwind before bed.  xoxo

Thank you @eth and i hope you sleep well 😴
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance