Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Suggestions and information on how to look after yourself

Dear 3forme,

Just wanted to let you know that my Mum was really angry when I got really ill. your comment has helped me look at a very old memory of mine with different eyes. thank you.

Hi there,

Thanks so much to everyone for this thread and the wonderful insights. It's amazing, I was just telling someone a short time ago that we need to look after ourselves, and then I thought that we are good at saying this to others, then tend to ignore it for ourselves. For me, anyway, I guess I need to practice what I preach (as the old saying goes!!).

Dear Hobbit,

If tHere wasn't forums like this one or an explanation of what it means to 'take care of myself.' What this means I guess is different for everyone

Hi justanother47yr,

Exactly! And that's why forums such as these are so beneficial for everyone. Thanks so much for your contributions!

THanks Hobbit,

Did you know 'taking are of yourself, that set of four words can mean different for all ?

Yes, we are all so individual....it's what makes life so interesting, frustrating, enjoyable, irritating, happy, sad, up and down....it's like Derryn Hinch used to say..."That's Life"

Possibly those 4 words "taking care of yourself" could be best described by 4 different words..."day at a time"

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance