Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

@Former-Member 

Returning to black and white boundaries is the.strategy.

That and I have kept busy today out in the yard. Kind of avoiding each other. 

I was expecting  some more fireworks as a result  but instead we went fast forward to tears to disarm me.   The day actually finished better than expected. Still hhanging on by a thread but pleasant for now. 

I am concerned enough that all meds have been relocated and hidden.

(My locking drawer has been busted for a while but has not been a concern until now) 

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

Hugs @Determined ❤

Happy to report that things have settled here.

Still a large amount of anxiety in the air but as the week has progressed and routines established it has become more manageable.  FIL is doing a lot of school drop off and pick up as he can see that is a source of trouble. That and he genuinely likes that time with our boys 🙂 this is helping a lot. 

Darling is still communicating that she is struggling but in a way that we can work with and encourage rather than in a manner that generates fear around her personal safety as we were. 

2 year anniversary of.mum in law passing.today 😥

Quiet day of reflection. 

How are things going @Determined 

Steady going here at the moment @Former-Member 

FIL is doing a lot to support and appease darling ( both in the background but also with every day activities) which is helping. 

I'm.not sure I could manage to keep a lid on things by myself at the moment. 

I had a day out of town with work today (only happens once or 2x per year)

Got out to the car park this ave and found darling had been texting and had tried calling.  Just didn't get through where I was sitting.

But it was the usual I am focussed on something else so letting me know she is not coping type communication 😐  so just as well I missed it because I needed to focus on what I was doing for work without worrying about home. 

Classes start next week. Remains to be seen how that will go but have my mum lined up to be around on the day I have classes. 

life.gif

Day 3 of.week 1 at uni. And this ☝☝☝ is how I feel.

Looking like I may need to cut a day of work.

Sooo tired despite things going relatively well. 

I just don't have the capacity to be full on busy every day of the week. 

But on the flip side how am I to grow capacity if I don't try?

Will see how this week pans out. And make a decision next week.

Less meetings and appointments next week so hopefully that may help.. 

So gratefull for FIL support with practical help around the house which is helping darling keep things together.  And it frees me up to be able to do stuff outside of home support. 

Still getting the unhelpful texts when I am tied up and focused elsewhere but not the kind that cause concern. So grateful for that also.  

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance