Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

@Determined, I know what we'd see with my Mum when we visited with the kids that she'd try really hard to be extra-nice, because her grandkids were there, but eventually it would become too much for her and she'd go into a very fast spiral downhill. Could that have been happening at your place? If so, small consolation is that she might have been trying really hard to make your birthday something special.

(And welcome to the club- I've spent years expecting to cook my own birthday dinner and birthday cake... but would make sure that I treated myself in doing so by making it a favourite dish. 🙂 As the kids have gotten old enough to have their own income, that's sort of shifted into taking me out for lunch.)

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

Possibly true @Smc 

Thinking it more likley that I just got lucky on the merry go round of life that a happy day lined up.   

We actually had a nice afternoon ride on our bikes this afternoon so that was an improvement. A case of enjoy every moment. 

One way or another, I'm glad you're getting a few bright patches @Determined.

I am grateful that we have come so far @Smc   I try to remember that when 'the wheels fall off' and we have blowups and meltdowns.  And when I get down about the emotional disconnect. 

@Determined @How are you doing Bro?

All quiet here @Former-Member 

Boys back at school today.

While me being at home with the current restrictions made home schooling possible I fear that it has also made darling more dependent on me.

Going to be interesting and perhaps bumpy when I need to be back onsite for work.

At this point that is another 6 weeks away. 

Counselling is going well.

Have some more homework to do this week that will be easier now that older boys are back at school. 

Had an interesting discussion with darling where she admitted (she actually volunteered the info)  that she believed her memory and cognitive function had not recovered post ect. Kind of why she gets me to do a lot of things. 

I am happy that she is getting back into cycling. And happier that she is happy to be doing it with me. 20km in today. Have a target of 30km by the end of next month. (Within the same time). 

My memory must be going too @Determined I didn't think your Darling had ECT.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance