Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

@Determined trust problem easily locatable and easily fixed,

water leaks = 😬

Can I gently encourage you Bro, getting your own health on track might make it easier for you to cope.  Noticed you have mentioned that bikes (both manual and automated) are in danger of collecting cobwebs .... Now S2 has camera would you be brave enough to take him to photography club?

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

@Former-Member   water leak defiantly 😬

My biggest concern is the anxiety and tantrums that will go along with the fixing process. The potential leak in its self does not bother me at all. 

Motorbike getting a dust off today with a ride to the beach. 👍

S2 finishes school 1 week earlier than s2 so some trips with the camera planned 👍👍

We are also researching bushwalk with waterfalls for the school holidays. Have seen some pics with S2 that he is keen to try with me 👍👍👍 camera club is defiantly a possibility to begin when semester 2 goes back. 

And health is high on the agenda atm.

One of the reasons for considering deferring uni for a semester.  Also in the process of petering out anti anxiety meds that were supposed to help with sleep and get heart rate down . fail on both counts. Not sure on after they r discontinued. 

Praying for a quick resolution of water leak @Determined .

A few outings would be lovely. A Vegemite sandwich at a waterfall seems to taste better than one at home.

Hope the beach trip is a great outing @Determined.

Since you've got a confirmed leak, are you turning off the water mains while you're out of the house? We've got aging plumbing here and have had a few leaks, so as a precaution it gets turned off if we're away overnight.

Would it help at all if you talked over the pros and cons of a new house? The move being generally a good thing for your family I think, but the downside being that you have to iron out a few unexpected problems too. I do get it that your Darling is prone to her mind getting fixated on worries and fears, and having one confirmed isn't good, but maybe if you can frame it in the context of some positives?

Checked the meter when we got home this ave.    2k litres in the last 24 hours so defiantly a leak I think. Doing some research to ensure I am reading the meter correctly .

Haven't told darling yet. Deciding to tell her tomorrow or Monday. Sister is going to take her out for the day on Monday while I dig. (She may not go if she knows I am sigh I g but if I don't tell her and she comes home to the mess that would be worse. 

At least I know where to start and there is a reason that may have caused a leak. When the ground was wet from rain darling drove the car over it (despite being asked not to) a d the car sunk quite a bit. It is possible that the sinking has broken something as it was after that the wet did not dry up. 😬

Going.to read the meter before and after church tomorrow. That will be a definite confirmation if the reading has gone up after 2 hours of no One home. I should have checked this morning before we left but didn't think of that. 

Just went out to check the meter again and discovered that the mains had been turned back to full pressure. That may explain the spike  in today's reading from last week. I had turned it back to only just on but FIL had a plumber out looking at taps on his side so plumber must have turned it back to full. 

Hopefully a definitive answer tomorrow @Determined . 

If a car being driven over it was enough to damage a pipe, it must have been pretty close to failing anyway. Modern underground plumbing is often mains pressure rated black polypipe, which has a lot of flex in it. Older galvo plumbing is more likely to fail in those circumstances.

How did you get on with water meter today @Determined ?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance