Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Arizona
Senior Contributor

Taking a break from the forums

I'm taking a break from these forums. I'm not sure how long I will need. I'm just letting you know in case you are wondering where I am.

I'm not sure if these forums are right for me. I'm not sure if an online environment is right for me. Maybe I need to connect with people in real life.

I don't feel like I fit in here. I can't relate to most of the people here. It makes me feel alone. I don't like the way the forums are run. It feels too oppressive for me. It doesn't feel like an online forum. It feels like a mental health program that is run by the government. 

Okay, that's all I'm going to say. 

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Taking a break from the forums

Sorry to hear the way you feel here @Arizona but know there is always a place here for you and if you decide to return then I hope you find it. Take care, do what you need and we will be here if/when you come back Heart

Thinking of you @Arizona It's good that you are making conscious decisions about what is right for you.

Hi @Zoe7 and @frog 

Thank you for your kind words. 

Hi again @Arizona I think a lot of us feel at times that we don't fit in but that is infact once thing that actually makes us all fit in here. I acknowledge though that you feel this way here too and whilst I cannot change your feelings on that I would say that you contribute a lot here and it seems a space you can write to get things out. I do have a question for you - and you do not have to answer - what is it that you would like to get for yourself from the forum? Is it connection, a place to unload, a place to feel safe, a place to find yourself.... 

Hi @Zoe7 

I tried replying but it was too difficult for me. I'm sorry.

I just need to take a break.

Hi there @Arizona

We are always open to working with members to help use the forums in a way that benefits them and the rest of the community. Taking time to process and reflect is a good idea, and know that if you would like to talk more about this you are always welcome to email us directly at team@saneforums.org.

Take care,

Sphinxly 😀

No need to be sorry at all @Arizona If you need a break then take it but I offer you my time when I am here to tag me anytime - listening and here for you Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance