Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: The Challenges of Mental Health Wellbeing

Good afternoon @Sans911 

Much love and hugs sweetheart 💜💜

Hey hun @Snowie

Not a great day here. I had a big barney (argument) with my neighbour friend this morning. He only got out of (pysch) hospital a few days ago. I guess I expected to much that he might have worked on some interpersonal skills whilst he was an inpatient. But nothing has changed. While he is a overall nice person, he still wants external validation. This looks like trying to offer suggestions & 'rescuing' people when it's either out of context, not needed or when someone just needs to be heard. Or he tries to prove he 'knows more' or is 'better than' someone else. Instead he needs to realise listening & seeing or asking what is needed is better.

Sorry, vent over. I just feel like absolute shite that's all, and I've hurt someone that is vulnerable and needy. I've talked to my support worker over the phone (cancelled the face to face one today). My instinct is to shut down by sh. Just shut everything off. I know that's not ideal, but neither is sitting with the discomfort and emotions. So I can't go collect my medications today from pharmacy.

How things with you?

Vent away as much as you want hon @Sans911 

It sounds like a difficult situation with your neighbour. I hope he settles down a bit and he doesn't affect you too much.

I am glad you got to speak to your support worker. Hopefully that has helped a bit. I totally get the sh, and that it is a way of shutting down, of taking our mind off things, of using that as a coping mechanism. 

Things haven't been going great with me. Losing my psych and a few other things that have happened have made my thoughts and mood worsen. I must admit I have used sh quite a bit in the last week to shut down my emotions. Lets just say that I have had to make good use of my safety plan lately.

Hugs and hugs and hugs sweetheart @Snowie 🥰🥰🥰❤️❤️❤️❤️

That sounds like a really frustrating situation @Sans911, especially when it's something it sounds is repeated over and over without any signs of improvement. I can tell you have some great instincts for taking care of yourself in terms of not pushing yourself too much but still making contact with your support worker. 

I know discomfort and emotions can be really challening to sit with, so if those urges come, I'm wondering if there might be something else you could do instead? I've heard that pressing an ice cube to your wrist can be helpful for some, for example. 

Wishing you strength as you ride out this rough wave. 

Good morning my sweet sis @Sans911 

Wishing you a good day sweetheart

Lots of love and hugs 💜💜💜

Good morning sweetheart @Sans911 

Hoping you day goes ok for you hun.

Lots of love and hugs

💞💞💞

Morning @Snowie It's a public holiday here. Very quiet, wet and cool.

My foster sister has come up to the city so I'm catching up with her this a bit later this morning

We have a public holdiay next Monday @Sans911 

Hope you have a nice time catching up with your foster sister hon 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance