Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: The Challenges of Mental Health Wellbeing

It's not my first attempt @Teej. But it was the one attempt that I had planned the most. It's just scary where my mind is taking me to. It doesn't help that I'm facing other painful challenges at the same time. I'd just like to feel settled that's all

Ah ok @Sans911. My first wasn’t the closest but I still ended up in ICU. 

I haven’t felt settled for a long time either @Sans911. It brings on too much si when I think about it so my latest strategy is to put my head in the sand. I have some of the same ones as you as well as different ones. Housing and financial security it pretty much up there too. Newstart isn’t enough for me to live off without handouts. 

I think all we can do is get through each day the best way we can. You have sent me some wonderful support in the past I’d love you to use for you just now. Be gentle on you, it takes time. The vortex of 'what’s the point' drags us in constantly. We just have to get better at resisting it. 

263C531F-758B-4FC4-AA1C-01BD3BDD3CD1.jpeg

heading off for now @Sans911 if you are still up. 

Goodnight @outlander@Sans911 💜🤗

Hi all.

Just calling by with some ❤ for you @Sans911. Anniversaries can be really tough and I'm thinking this time of the year, with all the 'stuff' it can bring up, wouldn't be making things much easier for you either. I hope there is some settled for you soon.

"Acknowledge the feelings that you tend to want to escape from: loneliness, sadness, and jealousy, for example. Be conscious of when you want to jump to fix it or distract from it quickly, before giving space to the feelings and letting them air out. Recognize that these feelings are great feedback and wisdom for you regarding what you might want physically, emotionally, mentally, and even spiritually. Most importantly, know that these feelings change like all feelings do, and that no state of mind (or anything) lasts forever." ~Chetna Mehta

@Teej

I saw this just now and thought of you.

What is this "when you want to jump to fix it or distract from it quickly" nonsense the author speaks of. You mean there are other ways! 😘. Yes it is very relevant to me @Sans911. How are you feeling today? 

Afternoon @Sans911. Just dropping past to see how you are going. Hoping your day is going ok today Heart Thinking of you sis Heart

Nice to see you around sweet sister. I'm doing OK.

@Snowie

How are you tonight? @Sans911

Helllo @Sans911 HeartHeart sitting with you xx

Hello @outlander, @Snowie, @Teej, @CheerBear

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance