Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: The Challenges of Mental Health Wellbeing

Good night sis sleep well @Sans911

I was just coming to say goodnight sweet sister, but you beat me to it. I hope you get some rest @outlander

😴💜🌻

Evening lil Sis @outlander

@Zoe7

@Teej

@Faith-and-Hope

@Shaz51

@Snowie

Missing you my sweet sister, but I hope your holiday is bringing some colour and joy in your life.

I'm utterly exhausted today, so exhausted I'm in pain & I could cry. I've barely been out of bed today, just up to eat, pee and feed the cats. I did try to sort and pack a little more but it was too much. At least I got the chance to vacuum my bedroom & kitchen.

I suspect because my iron is back to normal it might be one of my meds. But I still have another 2 weeks to wait & see my pdoc.

It's brought my mood down quite a bit, as I declined a chance to go to the city for a coffee. I really wanted to, but I didn't want to over extend myself & also pretend to be OK when I wasn't.

I'm starting to get a little anxious about having an appointment this week with a DSP/Centrelink psychologist for a medical review. My support worker is coming with me plus my own psychologist will write a letter to him as the way I present now I look & sound well. I think it was you @Teej

that was saying something about confusing mh with laziness (or something like that). Because that's how I feel a lot of the time. What if I'm not mentally ill? Am I just being lazy, dole bludging? Sometimes I feel I should just stop complaining because I don't have it as bad as others. I can now function most days (I still don't shower daily-is that just being lazy?), I can work in a small capacity, I can get to my appointments and met my obligations. Where does mh stop impacting physically & laziness kick in?

Sorry if this is a ramble scramble. My mind is a bit scatty today.

Evening sis
I dont really have alot to say but you do sound tired. I dont think your lazy at all nor are you a dole bludger. Mental health is tiring even on good days and youve been really busy for a few weeks now between xmas and volunteering with the things that come with it like paperwork and moving/packing house. Big squishy hugs

And good luck with your appt. We will all be here supporting you no matter what 💜

Goodnight @Sans911 💜 👭

MI is tiring @Sans911 Despite me doing so much better much like you there are days when I am just so tired I still can't function or find the energy (or motivation) to do things. That doesn't mean that I am not improving just as it doesn't mean that you aren't - it is just that some days we can't do anything because we are just too tired. With work I was finding I could get through those days (and function quite well) but on the days I was not working I had complete rest days. MI is tiring and finding that balance between what we can do and when we can do it all is difficult. So go easy on yourself - you have been doing so much with your volunteering work and packing and sometimes it does catch up on us. We all need a rest sometimes from our 'normal' life and having a MI just adds another layer of complexity to it all.

@Sans911 💜

Hello sweetie I've been waiting for you to come online. I looked earlier and you weren't around. I've been packing (again) in the back room so that's why it's taken a while to get back & check my phone.

I had the support group today, and for some reason it was pretty challenging today.

Apart from the support group, my day has been flat and I've just continued to get on top of the packing.

How are you and how's your day been going?

@outlander
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance