Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: The Challenges of Mental Health Wellbeing

Thanks @Snowie  ... been thinking of you.  How are you going in the more confined circumstances there at the hospital.  I think you would have had your scheduled next ECT yesterday .. hope that went well.  🌺

Sherry 

Hi @Former-Member Out of confinment which is good. BP has risen and not dizzy anymore which is good. ECT yesterday went ok, have it again tomorrow.

Feel like i have missed lots on here lately. Trying to catch up. 

@Snowie  thats good to hear.  So it was low BP which caused the fall?  I get low BP a lot too.  But I expect yours is from your treatment perhaps?  There is always something going on here on the forums .. hard to keep up with everyone and everything.  😊  Dont allow yourself to feel pressured to catch up on everything all the time.  Accept that its likely impossible to do.  And keep in mind that you are having important treatment and do not need to put any added pressure on yourself.  Glad you are out of confinement.  👍🌺

They think it was low bp that caused the falls. Have changed some meds also which hopefully will help too @Former-Member ♡

Hey @Snowie Thinking of you in the important treatment you are recieving as well as going through CG training.

Smiley Happy

@Former-MemberCatching up on all the posts since I last posted.  I do not think you need to apologise, but you did explain a lot and so things made better sense to me and a lot of other people. Thank YOU.

Personally a lot in my life has been blamed on MI Full stop.  That does not really help me, and it means a lot to me, when things unravel, that I find a way that makes sense in terms of human feelings, culture, worldview, ages, stages and relationships etc.  This is one example, that I hope we still have the capacity to hold sacred, or gently, or whatever works best, but gives us an insight into our personal and group dynamics.

I read the post suggesting you take a break, but overlooked it, and then jumped to the conclusion you were getting a sense of not deserving to belong from the home front.  So in a way I blamed the wrong person, your hub, but still tried to support you thru it.  GOing back to it, I could see that it was the degree of VULNERABILITY you experienced that caused you to increase the meaning to a whole thing about belonging, rather than simply a strategy to get the most out of using the forums.  Even tho you are a DOG lady and I am CAT lady, we have connected on the more important things, so dont let minor differences stand between us.  Yet still I can easily jump to wrong conclusions, so I live and learn and hope that mistake did not come out in the wrong way.  I did not want to press you for more details at the time, cos things were strained.  Your presence on the forums has been uplifting in many different ways.  So Glad you are YOU, Sherry.

Heart

@Sans911I really applaud the manner in which you have conducted this thread, especially recently.  Lots of Clarity, Inclusion, and Kindness. BIG RESPECT Sans. Keeping things out of the Emergency Room and doing good therapy is GREAT and GOOD. Your writing about the more vague but still real sensations or feelings around the forum are important points, for all members, of all stripes, including mods to understand.  Somethings are about individual feelings, some about group immersion and some about ROLES.  Hugs SIster in State Wardshipness ... even tho we also had very different experiences.

@Former-MemberLoved your posts and engagement on the issues.  I dont want to overdo things so I might sometimes seem too brief or even abrupt. Because of my childhood experiences, I work thru attachment stuff a bit scientifically, and dont do soft and fluffy often as it is important for me that things are not superficial and sincerity is often different to honesty, but I dont want to split hairs either. I often need to go deeper than good simple words at face value.  Good Luck working thru your DID stuff. I longed to be discovered by some therapist like Sybil, but now that I have seen more of the real life story behind her famous bestseller story, I no longer feel envious of her ... and have gotten back to just being me and chipping away at things in life.

@Lee82  Glad you are here too. You connected with a few and went through a lot of important, and hopefully healing and self validating processes. It was good you were upfront with Sans, things unfolded in a natural way. Hope the air is clear and nobody spends too much uncomfortable time ruminating.

@Former-MemberI really liked your gentle touch in that last post.

I hope we can all shake off the dust and move forward.

Dont take things personally.

Thanks @Appleblossom 😀

@Sans911  😢💔

Sherry

candle-63.jpeg

20200506-104856_1_1.jpeg

Screenshot_20190810-222003-01.jpeg

God Bless you all. Its not about falling down, but how we get up that counts, and who we run with. Be gentle with yourselves but strong enough to keep getting up XOX I really loved that mindfulness thread meditation on forgiving myself tonight. Powerful 💙

Thats really lovely ... thank you @Former-Member 🤗💕🌺

Missing you already @Sans911 ... leaving pics below for you.  😔💖

Sherry 

Image result for miss you please take care

Hi @Former-Member   there is no need whatsoever for an apology for me.  I simply care about you and miss you when you're not around.

And to everyone else here as well - it's beautiful to see all the support, understanding, empathy and authenticity in the sharing here. 

I hope whatever challenges you are experiencing will settle soon and that life will be peaceful more often for all of you xoxo

@Sans911  are things ok?II really enjoyed our recent comms and thought I found a new friend here only to now see people saying they miss you, as if you're gone. I don't understand.  None the less, its important to take care of you first. Take care 💙

bird-hugsGif (4).gif

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance