Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: The Challenges of Mental Health Wellbeing

Evening lil Sis @outlander. I'm tired tonight after being back at the op shop today. Had a bit of an increase in pain at the op shop but extra meds have been helpful.

Evening sis @Sans911
Im to dizzy to sleep atm. Think blood pressures down again so just drinking another tea for now.
How was the op shop today besides being tired and abit of pain?

That's no good @outlander 😕. Op shop was very busy as they had a lot of donations left at the door over the weekend. We often get lots of donations but it takes time to sort them, hang and tag and put them out on display. We often get a lot of comments from customers though that say we have good quality stock. If something isn't suitable it either gets thrown in the bin or the 'rag bag' (clothing, etc gets taken away for cutting up into rags for cleaning etc).

Mr A is just come back to curl up against my leg & Jasper is on his blanket at the end of the bed.

Might have to see Dr about it eventually. Theres alot of highs and lows. Lows are new. They already know about the highs. Has me bit worried as the lows go down to 98-100 when it drops. The new meds arenr helping though as its similar side effects
😖😖

Wow you do sound busy! Its a public holiday here so not much is open. Its nice to get those sorts of compliments. I know lots of work goes into sorting etc too.

Little cuties. Mr A has been really cuddly lately. Seems Jasper and Mr A have swapped around.

Have you got much on tomorrow? This daylight savings crap is making it tricky to catch up more now. @Sans911

I've got to go to the Plastics Clinic at the hospital in the morning so they can see how the skin graft is and remove the stitches. From there I'm meeting my mum and Auntie in the city for a catch up and lunch. Then I have my volunteer walk in the afternoon.

Oh getting those stitches out will hopefully make you more comfortable. Hope they give you the all clear for that @Sans911 the rest of your day sounds nice and easy going too

The stitches aren't even bothering me at all @outlander. The things that are painful or bothersome are the swelling on the left chest which is right up against my left arm. The internal scar tissue on the left side which combined with the swelling is painful and throbbing. The skin graft on my left upper leg which is healing but is still sensitive when bumped. And a muscle strain that's very painful when stretched. The pain overall is easing a little most days. The thought of more surgery to correct some minor issues fills me with a lot of anxiety.

For you previous post to @Snowie  - so well said @Sans911 Heart

For what you are still enduring with you own recovery - I hope you get some relief soon and there is limited further surgery you need - that is so hard to have to face again Hon - very much thinking of you too Heart

@Snowie @Sans911 💜💜💜
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance