Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: The Challenges of Mental Health Wellbeing

It sounds like things are really getting on top of you @Sans911 but you have succeeded at so much this year - organising events, volunteer work, your studies - just hard right now to see those positives. Here and listening Hon Heart

I'm barely holding on @Zoe7 @outlander. I'm about to defer my studies as I just can't keep up. My expectations of perhaps an improvement (even just slight) in my body post surgery are trashed. I now look and feel even worse about how I look. I'm scarred and disfigured worse than I imagined, and there's no fixing that. And I've had no pyschologist for over 2 months because of her fkups. I can't discuss these body issues with my mh nurse as he's a man.

I know this is a cliche but it is so true @Sans911 It is not what one looks like but what is on the inside that counts - and you are a very caring, compassionate, intelligent and wise woman and one I truly like for just being you. I get that you are feeling so deflated by how you are looking post surgery Hon and that is super tough to deal with but you are more than how you look nd very special to us here for who you are. Heart

Loveley post @Zoe7 💚

@Sans911 im wondering if you have a womens health clinic in your area? In my area they have one and they offer free counselling with a female counsellor,along with female nurses and social workers and sometimes hold support groups for various things too. Maybe there is an option similar to this so you can increase your supports and also talk to someone who is female about your concerns..
Of course you can always talk here if you are comfortable to do so but also understand its sometimes better to talk offline as well.

Im sorry your psych keeps stuffing around too. Thats not very fair on you esp when you could use her support right now too.
💜

@Sans911  💜💜💜

I have thought about that @outlander even before for other reasons. I might look into it next week. I just feel so defeated.

Just coming on here for another voice of concern, love and support hun.

@Sans911it is so hard when we don't have our normal supports and with everything you have been going through.

You deserve help and support that you need.

Sitting with you and listening.

You are super special and loved by so many on here.

Hearing you @Sans911 sitting with you always 💜💜

@Sans911  i found this pic the other day. Hopefully  you like it 💜

20191026_215459.jpg

@Sans911 💜💜💜💜
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance