Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: The Virtual Village - a space for parenting 'stuff'

Hi @Former-Member. Sorry to hear today is a struggle one. Im feeling a bit that way today after last night also. I'm tired and ugh feeling. I'm hoping to find some energy and get them to the park or something this afternoon so they can burn their energy outside of the house (rather than here and at each other).

Is it a work day for you?

Hope there's a good moment (or more) somewhere in the afternoon/evening for you.

@CheerBear

I'm sorry to hear that you are too. I often do that as well in our free time. It does get a bit lonely sometimes. Some times i get sad when i see familys together because of my own failures ;(

Had today off but working tomorrow so saving my own energy and hoping i can get through tomorrow as best i can.

I have tried napping but bub is full of beans and it won't happen today. Hoping to have an early night and clear my mind.

Take care ❤️

Hi @CheerBear - oh i so get those moments with angry kids and how hard that can be. There are moments that are just so hard to know what to do/say next when my little one is in meltdown and I know that in those moments he cant really even control or know whats going on but Its so hard. I often get the sorry stuff later and then super clingy and needing extra reassurance...
I hope that today has been a better day for you all and that tonight is a smoother journey to bedtime 🙂
My lil guy didnt have a great day and has been quite sad and frustrated. He really needs more support via an OT but i havent been able to get him back into one through public and private is so expensive. But going to have to see what i can do. He's also supposed to have psychology support but the two child psychologists here are booked out.

Hi @Former-Member - im sorry to hear you feel deflated 😞 Struggling all the time is so hard, there's more exhaustion on top of exhaustion when its like that and can hear you... I hope that you have had some mini/micro breaks throughout today.
At work today i actually went and hid in a quiet room for a while and had a cup of tea because it was just so busy and chaotic everywhere i needed to just get away. (HAHA I was found and had to deal with a mini crisis for a child though wihtin 5 min sigh!). But all good!

Hi @Former-Member. Hoping your afternoon and evening has been ok. I feel a bit sad and kind of like an "ouch" inside sometimes when I look at others too. I can imagine how tiring work might be and how much you'd want to try to make sure you have energy for it too. Hope bub has given you that early night ❤

Thanks for understanding @Former-Member. Sorry to hear your little guy hasn't had a great day. Is there much in the way of support available for him at school? One bonus of being where we are is that it's somewhere resources are offered (as much as they can be) via school because of the big/many shared challenges. I think you're kind of awesome for working with kids. It's something I used to want to do a lot more before I had my own (half kidding) 😆 I love kids, but I don't think I could work with ones the same/similar ages as mine. I was offered a placement (which I had to say no to) with high school kids and thought that could be interesting though.

Wondering how your day has been if you'd like to share @CrazyTiger?

Tonight was a much better night here thankfully (one of those almost freakishly good ones). We spent a couple of hours at the park which was a stretch as I really didn't feel up to it, but it really helped. Middle and Little are at each other so often at the moment but today they played together constructively. Big win for us tonight!

Hope all is as well as it can be for everyone ☺

Hi @CheerBear
Today? Wishing I was not here. Completely lost it in my psychologist appt this morning. Never cried in front of her before. I don't know what's going on.

Sorry to hear @CrazyTiger 😞

Did you find the appointment helpful at all (I'm guessing not if you're wishing you weren't here)? Sometimes I find it helps to get stuff out with my psych but other times it doesn't feel great (especially if I felt lost in it).

Is little one in bed?

sounds like a really hard day @CrazyTiger 😞 Maybe the best place to be upset though, in your psychologist's office i mean, allowing them to see how you're really going is probably important. But can also be scary i think too when people know how we are 'really' going. Hope tonight is a bit easier for you.
Hi @CheerBear not sure how to explain school as its a bit tricky... there are so many children at school that have severe needs, and complex lil lives.. so he doesnt really get a look in and i think because im me there its more or less assumed that i should be on top of it all maybe and that he's got it 'good' compared with others... and hes just not as severely in need. in all honesty i've been sinking badly for a while and i dont know where to turn anymore. i havent seen a gp in six months or more and hte last visit was very difficult. my psychologist left and im too scared to try a new one afte mucking up trying a new person in jan...

Oh @Former-Member 😞 I was wondering if you were there and how that might impact things and can definitely see how you might have it tricky because of that. That sounds so hard. I feel a bit like mine has the potential to slip through a little as it sounds similar to where you are in terms of big (and loud) needs. Mine also has an amazing ability to keep it together at school and then melt at home which is a bit of a concern. I can see how knowing your son is in need but having those needs not be seen so clearly by others, would be a big worry.

From memory you don't have huge options when it comes to GPs and psychs etc? That would make things really tough too. The not knowing where to turn thing can be scary and stressful 😞

No, there's not much options for support for me anymore, which is partly my fault because i cant deal with men, which i feel ashamed of because its not 'men' just the few that i've come into contact with... im not sure. thank you for listening/caring @CheerBear .. I'm so glad you had a better night tonight with your chiddlers 🙂 I hope you have more nights like this one than last nights 🙂

I don't think it's your fault that you can't deal with men @Former-Member. I think the fault lies with the behaviour of the men who are behind those you've been in that contact with like that. My skin crawls in person sometimes/often around some/many. Gently with you if you can (getting that's a hard one too).

Thank you - not far off bed time for me. Hope you and yours have an ok night.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance