Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: The magic of tidying

Sorry @EternalFlower  I wasn't trying to panic you . Was my opinion on things thats all

I would add a clear path to walk inside house oh and clothes not smelly and shower at least once most days Actually makes me feel so much better after shower. @Dimity Not really sure why 

That's OK @TAB 

Thanks @Dimity for understanding.

I want to not hide and be honest, I am living in extreme mess, almost unliveable. And I don't have much stuff, I just can't manage it on my own for some reason.

Low energy etc.

I have the no pathway floor thing @TAB 0/10 stars don't recommend it.

I first started doing this like 30 years ago . Literally everything I owned in world spread out over the floor. I would only notice it when other people saw it. @EternalFlower 

maybe start with a few things , throwing out something you don't need or clearing a path at least. You Will feel better 

Hi TAB I like the way u describe it. 

It's my floor and every surface. Like on my dining chairs there's clothes and towels.

I have this https://www.kmart.com.au/product/rattan-cabinet-42893677/?selectedSwatch=&size= and am trying to figure out what to use it for?

Would love any suggestions @TAB @Dimity @Sophia1 @Shaz51 @RedHorse 

I feel good when I throw stuff out, I sorted my books and am so proud and happy.

But it's the next Kondo category, "komono" that's too much.

Maybe its for clothes re holes in doors @EternalFlower  ? 

Maybe CDs or DVDs @EternalFlower ? Or folded towels? 

Thank u @Dimity @TAB I appreciate u!!!

Hi all, thanks for the awesome tips.

I have been sorting through clothes and found I have a lot that don't fit, and we're not quite right.

I find giving stuff away mindfully helps me a lot.

But other times I have less energy and put stuff on the side of the road or throw away 

That sounds good @EternalFlower .

We've got our annual hard rubbish collection next week so I'll be able to put out a few things.

I've been slowly working through a box of old receipts and guarantees. I can add shredded paper to the green bin (non-personal stuff I put in recycling). I just picked up another 4 boxes from storage - more stuff to sort and cull. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance