Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Harry
Senior Contributor

Vivid Sydney

I'm wondering if any one has had a chance to visit Vivid? Personally I like the calming effects of the lights and the interaction. Having said that theres the horrid transport stuff. Just wondering if a BIG NIGHT OUT helps when all is weighed up?

Thanks Harry

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Vivid Sydney

Hi Harry,

I love Vivid! The only downside for me is the crowds are getting bigger and bigger and I get quite frustrated with that.

HOWEVER, last year I discovered that the MCA has a cafe/bar that you can sit in, relax and look at the Opera House etc.

I think they are doing it again this year too - I can't recommend it enough for those who can't handle crowds!

I agree with you Harry, the lights & interaction of all the cool displays are quite calming &  something a bit different for our senses Smiley Happy

NikNik

Hey NikNik

Yes crowds freak me out too. I have set myself a challenge this year and am volunteering on installations at Circular Quay. YES MCA are doing the same again this year YAY.

Hey Harry,

Did you end up going? I'm so bummed I missed out... I was going to go, but it was raining & then I just never got time. Although, so many people posted pics on facebook/instagram that I feel like I saw it all!!!

I heard they had something at Luna Park where you could choose which colour the Harbour Bridge would change to next!! Smiley LOL

NikNik

Hey NikNik

Unfortunately I had to pull out of being a volunteer due to illness. I was due to work on installations at Circular Quay.........next year for sure!

Yeah there are hundreds upon hundreds of photos posted across social media.

The installation you are talking about was on the boardwalk near Luna Park and the beautiful lighting was mostly created by people like you and me............VERY KOOL concept being able to say you lit up the Harbour Bridge!

Harry

Harry and NikNik, is this like a big art work that every one can help with?

Hi Baboo,

It's actually predominately a light show. You can see more at http://www.vividsydney.com/

It's pretty amazing. I think the best part is the light show they project onto the Opera House!

Nik

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance