Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Walking on the road to recovery ........ 🤔 Learning to accept my past

Appreciate everything you have written @Teej .  I appreciate you ..... 

DC987B1F-48C4-44A1-BDE4-F719FE70F0AE.jpeg

Thanks @Faith-and-Hope 🙏 ........ and back at you ! 😘💜🤗💐

@Teej  I struggle to find words mostly, hoping these say some of what I can’t. I appreciate you.6BC9B6E5-A345-4B27-97B7-AFBF68B7DBB2.jpeg

Oh wow @Maggie 😮. They are beautiful pictures. Just letting you know I appreciate you too. 💜🤗

Just letting you know I'm thinking of you @Teej. I won't be a pest from here but am looking forward to seeing you whenever you're ready 💜

Me too @Teej 💜💐

Thanks for the check in @CheerBear , @Faith-and-Hope 

Its been a roller coaster of a week or more. Just when you think recovery is linear again something throws us into chaos again. 

I basically had had a breakdown last Thursday and ended up sh in an unhelpful way that I didn’t end up in hospital but broke my longish record of no sh. It came about from feeling useless and a burden to all. Things from both inside my home and outside of it mounted up until I cracked. My therapist contacted my brother and son who have been so supportive since. It took me until Sunday to find human again and come out of the very big depressive phase. I’m still finding that I’m fragile at times.

My psych appointment yesterday was helpful and she has been extra supportive in the last few weeks giving me weekly appointments. Yesterday she helped me find the strength in what I had only considered was weakness. 

Life will be be a huge roller coaster from now but for today I’m doing ok. There are still so many unknowns that are biggish ones but I’m feeling more able to handle them currently.

hugs to all passing through.  

@Teej  Just few words. I understand the roller coasters, inside outers and upside downers. There about the only part of the journey I get, plus the strength in weakness. So wish I was good with words. Lots of these is all I really have to offer, and the come from deep within. 🥰🥰🥰🥰

That whole thing about recovery not being linear bites me often @Teej 😏 Rollercoaster are tough.

I'm sorry things were/are so hard you had a breakdown 🙁 Its good to hear you had support from family and that your psych has been supportive too.

Good to see you. Lots of hugs 💜

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance