Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Hobbit
Senior Contributor

What's happening in your area this Christmas?

Hi everyone,

It's Hobbit here. Firstly Merry Christmas to everyone. I know Christmas time is a time of joy, love and happiness, but can also be a time of sorrow, stress and anxiety for a lot of us (me included!!)

So I thought I would try and start a discussion on what's 'out there' in everyone's local area this Christmas, try and get a feel for some fun things that are happenning in the local community.

I'll kick things off - I attend a local Salvation Army (I run a group there for people at risk of homelessness, and also play guitar in the band there). We had our usual Carols in the Park a week or so ago, but it was absolutely bucketing down (anyone that lives in Sydney will know what I mean!) so we had to hold it in the church hall. We normally get around 3000 people at the park, so you could inagine the hall ended up being pretty packed out! To be honest, I was pretty glad when it was over!!

On a more personal note, I have a cat that has 'adopted' me - comes into my unit and just hangs out. Lovely and cute little thing, in between a kitten and a cat, so still very playful, in other words likes to bite a lot!! Thing is, I am deathly allergic to cats. But it's so cute. It is my Christmas Cat. And my Christmas is now turning out to be one based on sneezing, and then....Claratyne. What a conundrum!!

Well, that's me. Let us all know what's going on in your area this Christmas!!

Hobbit.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: What's happening in your area this Christmas?

@Hobbit..bet you're finding claratyne, zyrtec or even a spray like beconase is worth taking for the rewards of a loyalty of a catkitten! So, how long before you name kittycat?
Wishing you a kiity Christmas and purring new year..

Ha!!

I just call him 'pud-pud' (as in ryhmes with hood). Yes, the scratches on the arms, niagra falls in the eyes and being sneezy the dwarf (or hobbit) is apparently worth it!!

Here is a picture of him in my kitchen sink. I think the cat will remain pretty anonymous.....

@Alessandra1992  you have a lovely Christmas as well. And same goes for every single of you other wonderful people on these forums.

Hobbit.

pud pud.jpg

Cheeky sink squatter!
Just be mindful of fleas and worms...the monthly cost of pets..worth every cent though..pudpud looks right at home!

Hmmm yes, I also have a daughter that turned 18 last week, so the money side of things may be something I might have to start looking at closely!!

Hobbit.

I would like to wish everyone a happy Christmas too for this year.  I hope everyone has a good day, whatever you all are doing and a great new year.  I hope next year is a brighter one than the one we have just had.

We had carols in a local park which was awesome.  We had a run in with Santa on the weekend and got a nice pic with one of our dogs.

I'm heading into the city this New Years to watch the fireworks to can't wait for that.  I haven't done that for years so am treating myself.

IMG_20141221_100556.jpg

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance