Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: When caring for parents

@Sophie1  @Smc 

This is the discussion thread I was referring to.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: When caring for parents

What is happening with Mum at the moment @iCare ?

My sister has been the primary carer for my mum and is not coping too well (I live a distance away) and dear old mum is getting in more of a mess. She has piles of things everywhere. As there was opportunity, I did offer to go to mum's place and help sort out her sewing table so she actually has room to do a little bit of sewing but mum declined. I said to mum I would make myself available if and when she would like any help with this. Ordinarily I would be more than happy to visit her socially, but the offer of transport I had would mean I would be stuck at Mums without transport and I know I would be itching to start tidying up which would only stress us both out.  I would be more than happy to visit her for social purposes but it would not be appropriate for me to do so at present in relation to other work and home demands.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance