Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Flying_Hams
Community Guide

Yet another triggerpoint

Well I wanted today to go smoothly but it didn't. 

It is what it is. 

Was going to end my job a week earlier than anticipated but it seems like asking people to do that is too much. Typical really. My manager made some off the cuff remark about having earned my money. Which is not the case. They know that. From now til the end I should just not worry about any of this crap anymore. 

Anyway, I really need to let it slide and focus. Tomorrow I have an interview that I need to be prepared for mentally. 

I already have had a bad interview a few weeks ago. Time to change. I just want to do well in the interview is all I ask. To leave it and say "yes, I did that well"

I will go for a walk this evening and clear my head and just try to relax. 

19 REPLIES 19

Re: Yet another triggerpoint

@Flying_Hams 

Try to not worry about today.

All the best for tomorrow!

Sorry to hear that this week has been tough @Flying_Hams but I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed for your interview tomorrow. 🙂 

A walk sounds like a great way to clear your head and get grounded.

All the best for the interview. I'm sure all of your fellow forum members will be cheering you on! 
- periwinklepixie 

Cheers @StuF
About to go for walk

Cheers @periwinklepixie
You're a legend

Off to my walk

Hey @Flying_Hams yes times are certainly tough.  I think its the journey rather than the destination is where we lend our focus.

Trying to get an outcome when its about how we are in the process of getting there is what matters.

Just try and absorb yourself fully in the here and now no matter how challenging your life is and sink into how your life is moving along rather than an obvious outcome. 

Its in these spaces we draw the good things into our lives.

Seeing yourself within the context of taking all kinds of steps which in essence is how we move forward rather than focussing on the ultimate goal.

Our lives are full of lots of little steps from which we can immerse our awareness and draw happiness, meaning and good fortune.

You may or may not get the job but its how you move towards it that matters. Don't fixate your hopes over something that might not be.

I know its important to you but you are moving forwards nevertheless having to face a stressful interview. 

In the end life is what it is, you never know unless you try!

Its what is leading you that matters in the here and now Heart

Seeing yourself within the context of taking all kinds of steps which in essence is how we move forward rather than focussing on the ultimate goal.

I love this phrasing my friend @SmilingGecko

Try and find the little gems contained in the process of getting there @Flying_Hams I think theres something in the journey itself not precisely the destination xxoo Good luck for tomorrow.  Nothing ventured nothing gained! Smiley Happy Heart

Hi there @Flying_Hams 

I'm sorry that today didn't work out the best for you😢. I'm sending you positive thoughts for a great interview tomorrow and that you achieve what you set out to do- get the job!  
I like the way you looked at the situation as well by trying to turn a negative into a positive. I may have to borrow that skill from you forumite friend so thanks for sharing!

Take care and good luck🍀

Judi9877☺️🌻

Thanks @Judi9877
For your support and words:)
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance