Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

-karma-
Community Elder

another week over, and another just begun...

Remember kindergarten/preschool, 'show 'n tell'?

Well, this is 'share 'n tell'.Smiley Happy

Topic: 'Being cared for, or nurtured during carers week'.

Did anybody take part in any of the great events around the country that recognised the role of carers?

Are your reserves replenished? Is your cup runneth over?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: another week over, and another just begun...

Hi @-karma- ,

We had a pretty good Topic Tuesday for carers week, and also ARAFMI NSW launched their new "Carer Community Connections" service, which can link carers to relevent services that can help them and support them in their caring role.

Hobbit.

Carers Week.  It came ... and it went ... and it never made a ripple in the fabric of the society in which I live.  I belong to a facebook group for the partners of (former) Police officers who suffer from PTSD.  I posted a comment telling them it was National Carers Week and telling them which specific day was Carers Day.  Not one of them was aware of Carers Week (most of them are from the Wollongong/Sydney area) for 2014.

I found it very disappointing that there was one mention only on our local radio station at the start of the week and no follow-up at all after that.  The so-called "super radio network" really lets the community down in rural areas and it's rural areas that need the help the most!

Its tricky to deal with some times when you have some thing important in mind and it seems that every one has no clue as to what your talking about. prieech it in the friendlyness way we know how, then hopefully more will come to remember it for next time 😕

Shame Smiley Sad

It would seem the defence force still has a long way to go in support of their members and families.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance