Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A Life of Trauma and Tragedy (Possibly Triggering Content)

Thanks @Peri , assuming you are talking about the new glasses 😎

Thanks @outlander 🙏

@Anastasia I dont know quite what to say. So will start by saying that I love what you left me last night. And you will never guess ... that first gift, the care pack ... looks almost identical to the lovely gift my friend sent me while I was staying at the hospital last month! What are the chances of that? 😊 The flowers are gorgeous, and have my fav colours in them. 🌷🌻🌹💜

As for the chai you left ... I drank it, then went to bed and read my book for a while. And Holly loved her toy! You think of everything. 😊💖🌟

Brings me to your latest pic ... Peter Pan and Wendy. I dont know what it is about the 2am to 3am time slot. For me ... its the worst. Nightmares dominate, sleep impossible. So tonight, once I 'got a grip' ... I checked my notifications. And now ... Im going to calmly and gently float off into a world of fantasy. A world where thete is no pain, no fear, no evil.

Thank you so much Myboy. I am okay now.

Em 💞

Sounds like last night was difficult for you @Emelia8 truly hope that you manage some sleep at some point and that today is a little brighter for you. 🤗💕

Oh Em I'm glad they helped a little.

Fantasy land is good, I'll always be there waiting for you @Emelia8 .

I love Peter Pan, my favourite character is Tinkerbell as she has her magic fairy dust to sprinkle around and fix everything 💕👀👂🙏🌷

Day 10...

Screenshot_2021-02-23-07-21-39-24.jpg

Thank you 🙏💗😊

@Anastasia @Bow @Peri @outlander @TideisTurning @Adge @Clawde ..... for helping me last night. Im very grateful to you all, and so many others here.

The last thing I feel like doing, is to go to my pilates class this morning. But I enjoyed last weeks class and know the many benefits of exercise, so I really should push myself to get there. I need milk and bread and a script for hubby, so I need to get into town anyway.

More rain last night, started at 3.25am, and still light showers. Lying in bed still ... listening to the rain, and hoping hubby will sleep in this morning Just need to rest my eyes a while longer. Lack of sleep taking a heavy toll.

Emelia 💞

Enjoy your class @Emelia8 

I'll be there in your pocket with my magic dust. I'm doing a class at lunch, scary haven't done a class of any type for years...arghhh. Love you more xox

Screenshot_2021-01-23-17-38-15-14.jpg

Screenshot_2020-12-28-13-10-23-61.jpg

Screenshot_2020-12-30-20-02-53-86.jpg

I hope you enjoy pilates @Emelia8 and that you get abit of extra sleep. Maybe a nap will be possible later today..

Thank you @Anastasia @outlander 😊💕

I got to my pilates class!  It was good, but I just felt on edge the whole time.  Though I got through it, and I'm glad I went. I do have a pocket in my gym gear @Anastasia ... and I think you got a little bit squished at one point.  Hope you are okay after that. Might need some of that magic dust from Tinkerbell. 😊

I think you would likely be doing your lunchtime class by now.  I hope its enjoyable, informative and beneficial.  A bit like going back to school I guess. 

Still raining here.  Just finished a quick lunch and hubby gone for his post lunch sleep.  I'm going to call my Dad and then have a nap myself.  Feeling bone tired and ever so weary.

Emelia 🌸

Hello Em,

I'm glad you enjoyed your class but I'm sorry you are on edge 😔

My class was a low impact high intensity exercise class. I'm pooped! Went with a colleague of mine who's just lovely. 

Hehe is always look a little dishelved so being in your pocket would not have made others wonder the difference 😄

I hope your Dad is doing ok? Hope also you got some sleep this afternoon. Love and hugs xxx

@Emelia8 🌷🌸❣️🌹🌻

Ahhhh @Anastasia ... an exercise class!  Here was I thinking you were doing some sort of study course or work related class in your lunch break.  Silly me.  So well done, and I'm really glad you had a nice colleague to go with you.  I too am a little pooped after my class this morning.  I seem to have aggravated my back injury a little.  Hopefully it will settle if I dont aggravate it further over coming days. There is a very fine line between doing constructive exercises and doing more than I should.

Dad is doing a little better today I think.  He had an apt to see the podiatrist mid afternoon, so I will call my brother tonight to see how he got along there.  Dad was saying he had a few open sores on his toes, which is not great given his tendency to get infected sores on his feet.  His circulation is a big problem, as are some of his badly twisted up toes.  He broke some toes many years ago, and they never healed properly.  So they are very warped and twisted, which causes sores to develop.  So its an ongoing issue for him now that his mobility is already so poor.  Nothing keeping his circulation going really, because he can barely get around except bed to lounge chair, to toilet, and back. But he did seem in a bit better spirits today. 

I did get about an hours sleep early this afternoon, which has helped a little. How is your Boy getting along so far this week?  Also you mentioned that you were to have another mamogram next month.  Is the referral and booking all organised now?

I am wanting to attend the SANE Topic Tuesday discussion tonight about Trauma. Both the Carers side and the Lived Experience side.  But I'm also a bit apprehensive about it, given my already triggered state.  In two minds about it at the moment.  The weather here continues to be wet, dull and miserable .. as befitting the mood.  But at least its much cooler than yesterday, which was quite hot, sunny and very steamy.

Emelia 💞

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance