Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

@BlueBay @eth @Appleblossom @Judi9877 @opinions2019dec @Owlunar @Adge @Shaz51  @Handouch good morning guys and to anyone else reading this.hope your day is going well. Sounds like a few of you are going through a tough time. Just wanted to let you know I'll be available for chat all through the Xmas period. If any of you need to vent or need support. I'll be around. Take it easy, be kind to yourselves, and stay strong. Sending love to you all xxxx

Hi @octavia 

yeah not so a good day today again. went to fruit and veg shop for some bannanas, handed staff $2 for a $1.10cent bunch of bananans, and what i got in return was all 10 cent pieces change. not happy at all as this was a sign of disrespect (i wasn't rude or disrepectful to her, so why should i be treated disrespectfully). I complained to store owner by email. hopefuly tommorrow the staff is fired. in fact, why am putting up a fight everyday ( im exhusted ), why take advantage of your position in life.

@opinions2019dec All those little bits of disrespecting add up and it is hard not to take them personally.

Hi @Gazza75 

@octavia Glad you will be around for christmas. I like the company.

@eth Actually despite too many appointments packed in back to back I got a heap done.  I just had to accept the vets time at last minute ... no choice re cat's meds ... only ...  but as happens some times ... everything fell into place.... and I was actually early and not hassled or rushed.  

I made one mistake and showed up at pdoc a month late, but he could see me, so it was fine.  I had yesterday written in diary.  The receptionist made a big thing out of trying to phone me last month and not being able to leave a message, and I let her off the hook nicely, but now that I think about it, she was really pushy at the timeof making the apointment and as I was trying to clarify, she was not listening just trying to push me out, she is a bit cocky and thinks she knows more than she knows. When dealing with MH people, thats not great, and I think its about stigma.  Yesterday, she said to a tradie, in a greedy cheeky voice; "I am ready to take ya money" ... "If you are fiscal" ... I did not like it and he hesitated.  Then she admitted that she did not ask very nicely and he paid up and she mouthed and chatted fiuriously winking and smiling at him.  It annoys me as it was probably really tough for a bloke like that to face up to his issue and see a shrink ... dont rub his nose in it.

So now I am realising it was another situation where I took the blame for being late ( a month) and it was worker negligence. They had not bothered to contact schme (me ... cos of sane algorithm) at all in the month to check for no show or re schedule.  THIS IS NOT A GOOD POLICY in mental health field.   Just as well I am genuine and keep showing up "in my life: ... as BB says

NO SHOWS ought have some follow up. I am getting wiser and have decided to keep my workers honest.  I feel I have 3 coroners reports backing me up, my ghosts wagging their fingers and saying ... keep the bastards honest.  Less carry on in crisis management and more follow up ... will ... reduce the crises ... dur ...

@Appleblossom anytime. I'm in a good place at the moment, and some of it is thanks to you guys, that have supported me through the bad days. It's my turn to give back to the community.

@opinions2019dec I can understand your level of frustration with disrespect, it does happen, everyday to everyone. It's how we conduct ourselves with that event. That's  the most important part. You can't change them, but you can certainly change how you let it affect you. 

G'day @eth ,

Great to hear your going on a trip 😄 If I read it right, your going after xmas . . . perfect timing, you'll need a break after all the kerfuffle {& a visit from your Mum!}.

I hope you take some photos & your able to put some on here 🙂 But most of all I hope you enjoy it, all of it, the seasonal maddness, the fear of joy, & that the experiences are good ones & lead you to getting out there again Heart

Love to you Eth Heart

Good morning @Appleblossom @octavia @opinions2019dec @Judi9877 @Gazza75  and anyone else floating around here today.

@Appleblossom  that receptionist sounds like she's in the wrong line of work.  Glad to hear pdoc was still able to see you.

@opinions2019dec  things like store transactions going awry used to really aggravate me too, and frequently, so I do hear you, but I think I came to a time in life where I decided to choose my battles and not let that sort of stuff take so much of my energy.  They don't deserve it, and our reacting to them is not likely to make them change.  So these days I try to breathe my way through my reaction, respond rather than react, and walk away knowing they have lost a customer.

SNAP! @Exoplanet  we posted at the same time.  Thanks for your encouragement about my trip.  A bit worried atm with Jetstar having strikes and really hoping my flights aren't affected as that's who I'm booked to fly with.    How are things going for you?

Good morning @eth @Mazarita @Exoplanet @Appleblossom @opinions2019dec @Owlunar @Handouch  @Shaz51  coffee time here. What are your plans for the day? We're about to wake our youngest up by sending the dogs in to lick his face lol. then heading out for the day to see the grandparents for brunch. By brunch we mean beers and wine lol. 

Hi @octavia  enjoy your day.  I've no plans today other than to be over on the Saturday Soiree - all welcome!!  thread on and off.  May get into the garden for a while too.  I really like my Saturdays with no plans coz I've been having really busy weekdays lately.

Oh @octavia I'm so sorry.

That would be such a shock for you.

Just horrible.

Sorry I can't say or write much - I'm overwhelmed myself, which shuts-down my (text typing) communication abilities.

Hugs (((octavia)))

Adge

What a tragedy @octavia   Feeling for you.    You must be in shock yourself.  Take things gently for as long as it takes.  I imagine there are all sorts of strong feelings for all the people involved.  Take care xx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance