Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

Good morning @greenpea  and anyone else around this early morning.  Another beautiful clear one here today.  Wishing my head was the same!

I have a support worker today and have the psychologist for the first time in 3 weeks.  Usually I see her weekly but she's been off sick.  I really wish I'd had those sessions while I prepared for the NDIS review tomorrow but so be it.  I don't get to talk about it much as sil and bro are really busy and also supporting 2 other family members now.  So different from the level of involvement of sil and bro and disability advocate and even solicitor last year getting ready for an administrative appeals tribunal hearing.  Last night my brother asked to read a couple of my reports and hopefully we'll get to talk about them this morning.  I guess I'd been waiting for him to show his interest rather than taking it to him.  I also very belatedly asked him if he wants to come to the meeting.  He didn't reply last night so I don't know what he thought.  I should have asked him sooner but he's been away a lot.  Sil is def coming with me, and my coordinator of supports, but I don't have much faith in the latter.  Hopefully she'll surprise me on the day.  I had hoped for some kind of meeting of 'my team' before we go to the NDIS planner but it's not going to happen.  I asked sil last night and she said let's have lunch on the day.  The meeting is at 2pm.  Talk about leaving it til the last minute.  One of the reports I need hasn't been done at all.  And there is some stuff to clear up about funds not used from this first year and why that has happened.  But the main issue for me now is wanting to be across all aspects and on the ball verbally on the day.  I find it hard to be assertive and advocate for myself once I'm face to face with an authority who has some power over me.  

Plus I just feel like escaping from the whole matter.  Should be reading all my prep this morning but am postponing it til this afternoon and hoping I'll have the energy to do it then.

After the psych I have to have a mammogram (just a regular 2 year check) and I hate them.  It really hurts when they squish me between the x-ray plates.  No point putting it off, it won't change anything.

Then I'm hoping to shop for a few groceries, new jeans and towels.   Haven't had new towels in very many years - one of life's small luxuries!

Hoping all here have a good day @Mazarita @Adge @outlander @Zoe7 @CheerBear @Appleblossom @Exoplanet @Shaz51 @outlander @Teej    Sorry I've been too preoccupied to respond individually here and on other threads.  And sorry if I've missed tagging anyone.  I know some of you also have a lot going on atm and am sending support and warm wishes for anyone who's struggling.  Take good care all xx Eth

@eth Hi eht wow you have so much on. Try not to worry re ndis you know you have it. It will be alright on the night as they say. Will be thinking of you please let us all know how you go. Hope you enjoy your day a bit and find those jeans and luxurious towels (we use beach towels here! hehehehe!). xxxx

@Adge Hope you are enjoying your date right now!  

Smiley Happy

@greenpea Hearing you as you mother your chicks, muttering or not. Yet still you come up with brightness and cheer.

It is a long labour of love. 

Heart

@eth Thanks for posting  re SS and here. You did right keeping it simple and balanced.  Its enough. I am all right,  I am glad he came clean about venting inner frustration. I am still dissappointed in mods, that rather than seeing a source of hostility they reduced it to a clash between 2 personalities .... that can be a way (mechanism) bad stuff gets swept under the table and accumulates ....maybe it happened because of constantly changing shifts ... not sure, but I worked at "getting over it"  years ago ... 2016 ish ...  I had responded to him kindly on his first posts ...maybe he felt defensive about that   etc  ... it is what it is.   I know that some of my posts challenge the level of services ... my experiences have lead me to be determined and passionate and dedicated about mental health issues, but I am not just a pandering type.  I like that aspect of puddy tat anyway ... he can be direct ... so I learned to overlook ... digs ...

@Adge Hello, hope you enjoyed your date this afternoon. Wish you a good evening. Hope to talk later.

@greenpea Hope son two settles down a bit. You are so positive and cheerful whatever challenges come your way! Best wishes for the evening, hope it would be nice, peaceful for you and your household.

Very soon thanks @Appleblossom @Meowmy

I'm heading off for it, in about 45 minutes.

We're 2 hours behind you, so it's only 2.40pm here now.

Adge

@Zoe7  hey, hope you had a lot done yesterday and had a good day today.  Wish you a good evening. Take care.

@Shaz51  hey, how are you going ? What was exciting today? I had an okay day. Just survived work. Went walking and coffee. Wish you a good evening. Take care.

@Meowmy  Thank you Meowmy I think you are a very cheery person too. I always love your posts. Have a really nice evening. ps: son2 is alot better thankyouxxx

@Adge  Omg! good luck Adge. Not that you will need it :)xxx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance