Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

Oh dear, that sounds really painful @Shaz51  Hope you can see your Dr soon.

Good morning @Shaz51 @Appleblossom @Jadedragon @outlander @Former-Member @Doglover @Zoe7 @Angels333 @Judi9877 @BlueBay @cutiepiekitty @Faith-and-Hope @saturnzoon @Exoplanet @greenpea @Molliex @Maggie @Adge @Teej @Meowmy @Sans911 @Former-Member @outlander @CheerBear @Gazza75 @octavia @Scarecrowe @TAB @Maxi7 @Owlunar @JosRapp @simontemplar @GieEuphoria @Flying_Hams @eudemonism and anyone else around today.  Hope it's started quietly and things go to plan as it unfolds.  I know some of you have had big challenges lately and really hope life starts to fall into place more for each of you.

Today I have my support worker this afternoon taking me to my psychologist and then for a few groceries.  I haven't seen my psychologist for 3 weeks - usually see her weekly.  So a lot has happened in that time.  We were meant to do some more EMDR, but will probably have to use the time talking about some recent events where I was triggered/flooded  rather than working on past trauma.

I also have to catch up on some ph calls, do something about my adult child's birthday - realised only last night that it's Friday this week! - and do some research to find potential new coordinator of NDIS supports.  

Still coming down after being so alarmed on Monday by my friend's comments about quitting life.  That's going to be a biggie with the psychologist no doubt.

Take care all and sending peace and calm to all.

Former-Member
Not applicable

@eth 

Hi i was only thinking of u late last night.

I was wondering how u got on with the car problem as that was pretty big.

Im trying to understand the dva system as its different from Centrelink.

Apparently im entitled to a veterans payment until my claim is sorted.

If its approved then ill switch over to their payment & get work support.

Im unsure if i want to switch just yet cause if its not approved id have to reapply for the dsp & thats stressful & stressing me out too.

I think the govt r trying to switch the ex vets over to dva tho to keep them separate from Centrelink payments.

Ill b provided a case worker soon which will make it less stressful til then ive got someone doing some investigating for now.

Knowledge is power + it shuts my brain up from worrying

Hope ur day goes smoothly

Hey @Former-Member  and thanks.  Yes I've sorted things out with the driving lesson providers.  Lessons will be in my car which is a manual and will be done by their MH OT.  Costing a bit more but I have just enough funds in the right categories of my NDIS plan.  Very nervous about the lessons, but keep telling myself to look beyond that to a time when I can drive independently again.  It will transform my life.

I don't know for sure but is it possible that getting onto DVA payments would be more secure for the long term than getting DSP?  I've been on DSP for many years and touch wood haven't been reviewed, but I know they do it regularly to people on it more recently.  Good to hear you have someone in your corner researching it all for you.

So true - knowledge is power!  Power on sister!

hope all goes well for you today @eth Heart

You too @outlander   How's your recovery going?

its getting there @eth still sore and still having to deal with the nerve thing. atm the right side of my face is affected. even when I smile only the left side works so its making a bigger impact then just physically. the stitches are healing though which is good. was hoping this might've been over before I under go another procedure at the end of next week.

@outlander life seems to be throwing things at us at a rate of knots lately doesn't it?  Hope you are a lot better by then and the nerve thing settles down.

thanks @eth
the nerve damage may be permanent unfortunately. will see how it goes over the next 3 weeks.
Former-Member
Not applicable

@eth 

Great u got the car thing sorted. I didnt drive for 7yrs & yeah it was stressful to begin with. So foreign too. But its like riding a bike or swimming u never fully forget. Just wobbling to begin with.

Yes switching to dva is way more secure as itll pay til retirement pensioner payment.

I was unable to get a psychiatrist in Melb & left current dr & psychologist cause they werent right + didnt have right diagnosis (a real mess in Melb) when i was without any help they reviewed me & had to take me off pension. Had been on it for 20-25yrs so i totally flipped. It was really dangerous actually.

Everytime i felt myself going inward i just sat in a dr surgery. Had to because they said if i took pills theyd have to bring in child protection. It took quite a bit to get me back on it. Was incredibly stressful!++

So i will definitely switch but when is the questions now.

As i dont want to have to reapply  for dsp.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance