Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

hoping everything went ok today @eth Heart

Thanks @outlander  - hi to you and also to @Adge @TAB @Maggie @MDT  and anyone else dropping in here today.

A day at home for me and nothing planned except cooking tonight for the clan.  Just thawed out some caponata from Christmas - Italian eggplant stew but with some interesting ingredients like capers and orange zest - and only need to cook some brown rice and chuck some rocket beside it with balsamic dressing.  Should be easy and yum.

Interesting session with my psychologist again yesterday.  Talked a lot about the steps between being 'damaged goods' due to past traumas and learning to be with someone new, trust, seeing red flags, being authentic including disclosure about my past etc.  I've realised I am ready to at least think about moving forward.  No-one on the horizon atm but a couple of friends I have minor crushes on, and I'd like to imagine I could share my life again somewhere down the track.  @CheerBear @Maggie @Adge  maybe you have some advice for me in this area?  I'm sure there are others I could tag here, but not sure who.

Have a good day everyone xx

@eth  I don’t have any advice or experience other than to trust yourself. You’ve come a long way, and know if/when you are ready to move into another relationship. Risky, tricky and rewarding I expect.

I wish you all the best. You can do this. ❤️💛💙💜💚 Dropdown off illegal rainbows, @CheerBear  left some on my thread earlier.

Thanks @Maggie   I don't know that I do trust myself after all the mistakes I've made, but I guess I won't know until I try.  Wishing there were a way to dip my toes in the water without actually swimming.

how about this @eth  just go on dating app maybe, but with boundaries and for a look ? or sign up for a course eg, so always other people there, and people who do courses prob havent just got out of jail etc soz lol

@TAB   there's just no way I'll ever do the online dating thing.  Lots of issues for me with that, but also just very old-school.

I'm meeting quite a lot of  people thru' the disability alliance I've joined.  And some through doing the live readings and writing group.  Might be ready for a course next semester tho'.  Not sure at this stage.

just a thought @eth  okay a bad one

Not a bad one and no dramas @TAB .  Different strokes for different folks, that's all.

yeah am too old for that myself @eth 

Thinking of you today @eth Heart 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance