Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

EgaleWhale
Contributor

All this suffering

Everything is pointless meaningless with all this pain & suffering but for God & for love & soulmates. I feel like everything is useless. No matter how clean house is I'm depressed & cleaning has to be done again. It's like it's never endless cooking & cleaning & eating & shower & feeling so depressed I can't go to sleep & rest comfortable in my bed & aches & pains of my body & getting older & it's lifetimes of pain & suffering & being so sick. There must be a point to all this pain & suffering. There must be a God with a bigger plan for all this pain & suffering. God must have a plan. There must be a God. & only love is real.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: All this suffering

That sounds really tough @EgaleWhale. It can be really hard to sit with when it seems like your efforts aren't getting you anywhere and I'm sorry. It sounds like faith and God are important to you, and I hope you're able to find some comfort in that, but if what you're experiencing starts to feel too distressing, please don't hesitate to reach out for extra support- there's Lifeline (13 11 14) or the Suicide Callback Service (1300 659 467). 

Thanks for your reply it really helps me

Its music sharing & posting that keeps me sane & my soulmate family I am very depressed but resting helps & support

@EgaleWhale 

psalm 34 is good. Verse 18 says : The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

Its so hard to cling to faith when everything around you is falling apart; when your mind and your body are letting you down. My faith fluctuates; in intensity and in whom I put that faith. The older I get the less inclined I am to take on board any of the man made dogma and tenents of organised religions, but a basic faith in a creator remains.

Don't pray for miracles or cures as those prayers often disappoint when answers aren't immediate or as expected. I don't think the Divine works in that way. Pray for the will to go on, pray for understanding, pray for hope, pray for calm and pray for your rest to be restorative.

For me, often it is in prayer that I achieve the most valuable introspection and finally find the peace I need to ofter my problems to heaven and share their burdens.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance